Closed Thread
Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Account Security Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ManWitDaPlan View Post
    More replies!
    Awesome work MWDP! Thank you so much for all your work and communication with Trion. And props to Trion for listening

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Letendeth View Post
    Gotta be honest, this is easy to say when your not the one that is hacked. I've been waiting since Monday to get anywhere... The CS, up until the last call I've had has been very helpful. Granted I have made no progress, but they said some nice things and empty promises to keep me calm
    I also gotta be honest, I was hacked, and so was ManWitDaPlan, and i know many other players personally who also were! i know how it feels, thus my earlier comment of patience is still valid. Just look how quickly Trion responded in the last few hours over a Major Bug, That should speak wonders for the Trion team working on repairing the damage done, Both to accounts and ego's!

Rift Disciple

I'd imagine that will be forthcoming. Look for mention of an authentication fix in the patch notes.
    The first section of the notes deals with security. Good job folks.

Got word back from Steve Chamberlin, the development lead for Rift. This hole is sealed.

They have to proverbially play their proverbial cards close to the chest for a while to ensure that there aren't other lurking issues this one was hiding, but the issue I found is no more.
    GREAT NEWS!! I must ALSO SAY thank you MWDP for your knowledge, dilegence(ESPECIALLY when not expected) and insight you were able to relay and a thank you to TRION in listening and acting on a community members findings.
    GREAT GAME TRION!!! You still have my 6mths founders sub. Keep up the AWESOME WORK!!
    "Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them"

Nothing but praise to the folks that found this loophole and got it fixed, might be too late for me depending on how quickly I get my stuff returned, but the peace of mind provided by your work is greatly appreciated.

You're the SAME as the WoW community, stop trying to kid yourselves

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mamemimomu View Post
    Nothing but praise to the folks that found this loophole and got it fixed, might be too late for me depending on how quickly I get my stuff returned, but the peace of mind provided by your work is greatly appreciated.
    I'd urge you to give them a couple of days to recover and catch up; this was a big exploit and was way beyond what anyone could reasonably plan for. I'm sure they'll catch up quickly now, but "quickly" is a bit relative.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScoo View Post
    This is the main advantage of a Pay-To-Play vs free, the community actually cares, they are paying for it so they want it right, and the developers want it right for them. Trion truly cares about our gaming and social experiences, and we should have faith that anytime an issue comes up, the commnity and trion will work together diligently to correct it!
    I beg to differ on this one. I have played one of those F2P games now(and still do) for the past 5+ years now(almost since day 1 of release) called Guild Wars and have seen very little trouble in the hacked accounts area although they do have the GW gold selling spammers(but they are dealt with fairly quickly), it is unlike all the other SO-CALLED F2P GAMES in that you MUST BUY THE GAME and it is totally free to play it not having to buy in-game items in order to get to be considered a LEET PLAYER as is used by the snobbish upper-class player.
    I will be patiently waiting on the release of GW2 that will be added to my MMO experience because I will most certainly continue to play RIFT.

Kudos to the folks that figured this out, and to the team at Trion for getting it sorted in rapid order.

That said, does anyone have a link, or three, to some places on the internet were I could begin to learn more about this sort o' thing? I mean, I know what SSL means, but not so much what it really is. As far as how someone would figure out something like this? Totally clueless, so I'd like to expand my horizons.

Telaran

10+ to the guys who found out the hole.
    10+ to the Dev Team for the very quick response.
    ZERO to the CS Team. (not trolling, but thats another problem they will have to fix soon)

No Game to me this weekend(1 week hacked, but well) atleast this issue was fixed ))))

PS: I REQUIRE (I THINK EVERYONE HERE TOO) A LIFE TIME FREE ACC TO THESE GUYS, PLUS AN UNIQUE MOUNT, THEY DESERV IT.
    Last edited by Quarmie; 03-18-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarmie View Post
    10+ to the guys who found out the hole.
    10+ to the Dev Team for the very quick response.
    ZERO to the CS Team. (not trolling, but thats another problem they will have to fix soon)

No Game to me this weekend(1 week hacked, but well) atleast this issue was fixed ))))

PS: I REQUIRE (I THINK EVERYONE HERE TOO) A LIFE TIME FREE ACC TO THESE GUYS, PLUS AN UNIQUE MOUNT, THEY DESERV IT.
    I approve this message!
    /SIGNED

Rift Chaser

ATTENTION TRION - I HAVE VERIFIED THE AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM CAN BE BYPASSED, BY SUCCESSFULLY LOGGING INTO ANOTHER ACCOUNT WITHOUT NEEDING ITS CREDENTIALS.

-----
    Well I am glad you had the skill, the time and the drive to figure it out.
    At least it was a protocol flaw and not, as some had said, the database being compromised.

Kudos to you, you deserve some praise and a more appropriate financial reward from Trion for that.
    C.
    This is meant to be entertainment, not a life substitute. (lordofeyes)
    Disclaimer:
    These opinions are my own. I reserve the right to sprinkle the odd fact in amongst my opinions to confuse the reader.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MudBone827 View Post
    I beg to differ on this one. I have played one of those F2P games now(and still do) for the past 5+ years now(almost since day 1 of release) called Guild Wars and have seen very little trouble in the hacked accounts area although they do have the GW gold selling spammers(but they are dealt with fairly quickly), it is unlike all the other SO-CALLED F2P GAMES in that you MUST BUY THE GAME and it is totally free to play it not having to buy in-game items in order to get to be considered a LEET PLAYER as is used by the snobbish upper-class player.
    I will be patiently waiting on the release of GW2 that will be added to my MMO experience because I will most certainly continue to play RIFT.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding, i too have been playing(and still curently am) both FTP and PTP over the years. It has been my experience that both the developers and the players show a more shared interest in a paid game. This is just my experience, and i fully believe you when you say you have had differing experience than I. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your time on the GW servers, as well as the Rift servers, I firmly believe there is enough room on the interwebs for all kinds of games and people! My previous comments were unbiased and completely my own opinion, please feel free to disagree, its what makes us unique!

On a secondary Note( I find it painfully obvious that you do in fact agree in part, that this a good game with a good backbone structure and community, otherwise you would not continue to pay for this service!)
    Last edited by TheScoo; 03-18-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I'd urge you to give them a couple of days to recover and catch up; this was a big exploit and was way beyond what anyone could reasonably plan for. I'm sure they'll catch up quickly now, but "quickly" is a bit relative.
    Agreed, I know many folks are frustrated but folks, please give them a bit more time. I am sure they were overwhelmed and doing their best to also address the issue of restoring items, plat, Etc. to the compromised accounts.
    I too had my account compromised, last weekend. I logged in a few hours ago to find my character has been restored.

Okay, this is becoming almost whirlwind, tons of PMs, in-game messages like mad, people already tired of hearing my name on one particular shard, etc.

For those of you that say "give 'em lifetime accounts", etc. I don't want to go into any details aside from saying that this was apparently a pretty big hole and Trion seems very happy with me for some reason. I'll be around for a while...

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Cool. Good on them.

Closed Thread
Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast