+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PayPal FAQ

Default PayPal FAQ

How do I use PayPal to pay for RIFT?

You can ONLY use PayPal to pay for RIFT if your PayPal account is set up in one of the following ways:
    • Q. I have enough money to purchase the product in my PayPal account, and I have a linked Bank Account on PayPal. Can I purchase RIFT products?

• A. YES, you can purchase RIFT products if your PayPal account has the enough money to pay for the RIFT product you are purchasing, and you have linked your bank account to the PayPal account.

(IMPORTANT NOTE: If at any time you remove your bank account from your PayPal account you will not be able to make future purchases with this payment method. You also cannot use this payment method if your PayPal account does not have enough money to pay for the RIFT product you are attempting to purchase. For the purchase to complete, you will need to transfer funds from your Bank Account to your PayPal account through the PayPal transfer service in your PayPal account.)
    • Q. I have enough money to purchase the product in my PayPal account, and I have a linked Credit/Debit Card. Can I purchase RIFT products?

• A. YES, you can purchase RIFT products if your PayPal account has enough money to pay for the RIFT product you are purchasing, and you have linked your Credit/Debit Card to the PayPal account.

(IMPORTANT NOTE: If your PayPal balance is not enough to cover the RIFT purchase, the purchase will still complete and the remainder charged directly to your Credit Card.)
    • Q. I donít have any money in my PayPal account, but I have a linked bank account and a linked Credit/Debit Card. Can I purchase RIFT products?

• A. YES, you can purchase RIFT products if your PayPal account has no balance, but you have both a linked bank account and a linked Credit/Debit Card.

(IMORTANT NOTE: The bank account will always be charged first, if the purchase fails it will then charge your linked credit card.)
    • Q. I donít have enough money in my PayPal account, but I have a linked credit card. Can I purchase RIFT products?

• A. YES, you can purchase RIFT products if your PayPal account has no balance, but you have a linked credit card.

(IMPORTANT NOTE: You credit card will be charged directly if you do not have a PayPal balance to cover your purchase.)

Soulwalker

Default please fix this

change paypall settings please so people without credit card can pay using the amount on their paypall account.there are lot of people who dont have access to visa etc, personaly couldnt find any gamecard and i assumed paypall would work like it would have work on facebookgames and on steam (there a credit card isnt aquired)

Soulwalker

Same here, I decided to buy the game last night on steam after reading this post.
    It was not nice, after paying 50 euros, to see this morning that i can't activate my account because the first option written in this post is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalywen View Post
    Same here, I decided to buy the game last night on steam after reading this post.
    It was not nice, after paying 50 euros, to see this morning that i can't activate my account because the first option written in this post is not working.
    So you have for instance 50 dollar on your paypall account, and you want to buy a rift subscription for like 30 dollars. And it doesnt work?

Have you verified your bank account with paypall? You know the bill you get with that they subtracted 3 ammounts of money. 13cents 8cents n 9 cents for example, and you have to fill in those 3 amounts to get through the check.
    Last edited by Fridge-RaideR; 03-06-2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typo
    AFK Member of Favouritism
    Founder of The Fabled on EU-Icewatch

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fridge-RaideR View Post
    So you have for instance 50 dollar on your paypall account, and you want to buy a rift subscription for like 30 dollars. And it doesnt work?

Have you verified your bank account with paypall? You know the bill you get with that they subtracted 3 ammounts of money. 13cents 8cents n 9 cents for example, and you have to fill in those 3 amounts to get through the check.
    You don't understand. When you try to activate your account, the site always asks for a credit card. You can't do anything if you have your paypal account linked only with your bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalywen View Post
    You don't understand. When you try to activate your account, the site always asks for a credit card. You can't do anything if you have your paypal account linked only with your bank account.
    I did understand, just hoped you were wrong because I am about to pay with paypall too and I dont have a creditcard... can someone from trion answer this? =)

Soulwalker

so do you absolutly have money in your paypal account and bank at the same time? or can they just pull they amount from your bank into paypal when the paypal purchase is made?

Rift Disciple

Prefer to use "Ideal"
    If you want to keep me as a costumer it would be a good idea to introduce that payment method.

Also, having to put money in advance from my bank on a paypall account just to be able to activate the 30 days included with the game i have already paid for feels like theft to me.

To put it mildly, I do not appreciate having to pay for something I have payed for.
    I want to keep my money at my bank account untill I decide to spend my money.

Ergo: I want to decide when to spend my money, I do not want Trion to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Struikrover View Post
    Prefer to use "Ideal"
    If you want to keep me as a costumer it would be a good idea to introduce that payment method.

Also, having to put money in advance from my bank on a paypall account just to be able to activate the 30 days included with the game i have already paid for feels like theft to me.

To put it mildly, I do not appreciate having to pay for something I have payed for.
    I want to keep my money at my bank account untill I decide to spend my money.

Ergo: I want to decide when to spend my money, I do not want Trion to do that.

Same, would highly prefer Ideal payment method . Would appreciate if you can look into that in the future. Im sure there are a lot more Ideal customers out there.

Soulwalker

I've just buy the game yesterday, and like you, I can't use my paypal account because it has to be link with a credit card.....and I don't have any credit card. So it's a little bit frustrating.

I live in Canada and i search for time card and I wasn't able to find one. That's even more frustrating.

Soulwalker

Indeed its very anoying but i want to play so badly but i cant due to no cc bastards!

Soulwalker

Unhappy

Same here. I am in Portugal, bought the game, when I insert the code, give me two options, credit card or sign up with game time card, when I select the second option, time card, the error appears: "We are unable to complete your purchase. Please try again later. "' Looked for time card and no store has them.

I'm trying to 24h and nothing, I opened a ticket for support and still no response.

Beginning to become disappointed
    Last edited by m0rs; 03-08-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Aah sh.t

I hoped to use paypall because i dont have a creditcard... why go to all that efford to get a paypall payment option while it also needs a creditcard?

Logic dictates that this is "bugged" and that trion is fixing the problem. They spent money into aranging a 2nd payment to use without creditcard, but it backfires and asks for one.

Also i prefer the ideal payment method over the latter 2.

Fix it fast, because i cant participate in the founders plan this way!!!

Soulwalker

Ideal would be perfect tbh i was so happy when they introduced it into WoW no more trips to the store and tbh they should implent it

Soulwalker

So when are we given an answer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast