Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Account Security Reminder

Default Account Security Reminder

As launch day continues to blur by we wanted to take this opportunity to discuss an important matter, account security.

Protecting your financial and personal information is our highest priority, and there are things you can do to help as well!

Always use a unique and challenging password for your game account utilizing letters, numbers, and symbols. Never share your information with anyone and pay close attention to websites you visit, and don’t download any software from a source you don’t trust – In many cases, those are keyloggers! For further protection we recommend regularly updating your password.

Lastly, your efforts in reporting spammers and exploiters helps to minimize and eradicate these operations and continue to maintain a fun and secure gaming experience. You can report individuals for spam simply by clicking their name in the chat window and select the option “Report Spam.” Remember, your spam reports continue to feed RIFT’s spam filter, and help it adapt as the spammers adapt their attacks.

Thanks for helping maintain a secure community – have fun!

Shadowlander

Please give us authenticators.
    http://files-cloud.enjin.com/60018/module_gallery/full/83333.jpg

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kwahn View Post
    Seconded.

-Schark

Shadowlander

Last edited by Zebidie; 03-02-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Thanks for the advice.

Dont want an authenticator, never been hacked, just use commone sense.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

Dont want an authenticator, never been hacked, just use commone sense.
    Totally agree with you Rainman, except I find that common sense, isn't really that common. heh
    Hated using a authenticator just one more step to log in where the above advice would be sufficent to protect the accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero4Hyrule View Post
    Seconded.

-Schark
    Thirded. ;-p
    This space for rent.

Authenticators are not needed if you use a 16 character password which includes numbers/symbols/caps,etc...

The ones that do get hacked are usually the ones buying services through bots/gold sellers. Stay away from their sites and you will not get a key login trojan on your machine.

Common Sense!
    Last edited by Semjaza; 03-02-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Semjaza View Post
    Common Sense!
    Too many WoW-players around for that. #rimshot

Anyway, don't give out your account details for people who offer to level you to 20 during the day, don't give your account to guildmembers for the weekend so they can make the guildmeeting and don't give in to hate.

Then again, I admit that using my email-address (which is, by the nature of being an email-address, known to other people who also know me in-game) is a bit of a security thing. ;)
    The Shards of Argent
    Kel Silvershield, Mathosian Paladin
    Nenera Runebrew, Dwarven Brewmistress
    Lillenbeann the White, Elven Fury
    Nan of the Forest, Elven Plantsorcerer

I would also like to see Trion offering authenticators. Common sense will not protect you against keyloggers. The only way to be 100% safe is not being connected to the internet, and that's sort of inconvenient.

Please give us an option to buy physical authenticators and also the option to download a free app for iPhone / Android phones.

+1, Please give us athenticators

Soulwalker

I Agree in that, not even a key logger or other stuff can break that security...

RIFT Fan Site Operator

awesome. any chance of some sort of authenticator sometime in the future?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Archet View Post
    I would also like to see Trion offering authenticators. Common sense will not protect you against keyloggers. The only way to be 100% safe is not being connected to the internet, and that's sort of inconvenient.

Please give us an option to buy physical authenticators and also the option to download a free app for iPhone / Android phones.
    Which is why having a competent anti-virus / firewall is just as important as having common sense. ESET Smart Security stops everything before it gets in. Since I've had it, I haven't had any malware at all. There are other good ones like Avast! and Norton/Symentec (if you like to never remove your AV for any reason ever without immense work-arounds), but other than those, the rest are pretty lackluster.

Most people have McAfee which has backdoor security issues and really doesn't protect you from anything. Using a non-default browser also helps i.e. Firefox with NoScript and AdBlock add-ons, though NoScript has a bit of a learning curve.

I HATE authenticators. Please do not get them. I have cateracts and find authenticators hard to read and it often takes several tries. That gets old very fast. I know I'm not the only gamer with eyesight problems.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast