+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valnia

Thread: Returning player questions

Soulwalker

Default Returning player questions

Hello there !

i'd like to come back into Rift, but I have a few questions.

1- Class choice : I want to play a healer, mainly playing single target (PvP focus). Previously, I played Physician. I like straight forward and not too complicated gameplay.
    What about Cleric now (Sent mana management is OK ?) ? What would be the best (simplicity / efficiency single target healer ?).

2- Gearing : how to max level gear work ? Can I spam dungeons and pvp ? Si it mandatory to go raiding ?

3- Population : how is the pop ? Is it long to get to a dung or pvp during prime times ?

Thanks for the answers !

Shadowlander

Default Just a welcome back!

Hi there and welcome back!

I just very recently returned myself and am rediscovering things so am not helpful regarding your questions- merely wanted to say I am having a blast, myself, puttering around, and experimenting, and am glad to see more folks returning.

So, welcome, and I hope knowledgeable people will answer your questions here soon! Until then, have fun puttering, regardless.

Sword of Telara

As far as item 2 on gearing at 70, Cadrift has a comprehensive guide.

https://www.cadrift.net/gameplay/cha...level-70-gear/

Soulwalker

Thanks for your replies !

I guess I'll try to level up both my Cleric and my Rogue to 70 and see which one I enjoy most !

See you in game !

I will have to see where I left off. I just know things were changing when Rift started the F2P model and then a lightning storm said your finished playing awhile. Just ordered a new PC and trying to figure out what I will play.

Soulwalker

Enjoying my leveling so far

Yet, I have other questions / concerns : I read here and there that at max level, expert level dungeons do not require pure healers. Is this true ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozimantias View Post
    I read here and there that at max level, expert level dungeons do not require pure healers. Is this true ?
    Yes and no. If the entire team is running in gear-levels and the type of specs the dungeons were intended for, then yes.

If you have overgeared people and/or people using the specs that enable them to basically solo the place, then no. There are some crazy, some would say insane, specs out there that removes the need for actual roles, because they're pretty much tank, healer and support in one.

Odds are you'll find more of the latter than the former kind of people playing, a symptom of the state of the game. So long since expert dungeons were new, relevant and... "hard".
    Quote Originally Posted by AnneBonny View Post
    We still want to give you a small hint: communication, support and entertainment are our three main concerns and you can count on some changes and improvements in this direction.
    We are all gamers and we understand how important transparency and open-mindedness are
    First lies told by Gamigo

Telaran

welcome back! So as of right now for leveling 1-65 in pvp and dungeons is a no go due to population issues and most of the ppl leveling are in IAs. however pvp is active from 65-70. Dungeons are done by pug groups now a days. In terms of best healers for pvp the warchanter/liberator/paladin in the warrior class is the best healer right now. Sent for cleric is decent but mana still drains super fast. Frostkeeper in mage is the second best healer. PVP pops instant during prime time. Dungeons dont pop because ppl just pug groups in cross events.

Don't rush to max level, half the game in Rift is in questing and exploring. If you mostly just chain IA's (instant adventures) then you don't really learn a lot and miss most portals.

Rift Disciple

Rift is mostly single player game, so solo builds will take 99% of your time.

PVP will take around 0.2 and raids 0.8% of your time.

Have fun!

Ascendant

All I do is pvp. I was a main healer, and still do heal a lot. The heals are pretty squarely as thus for pvp:

Warrior: Broken. It has a fairly easy rotation. Its the tankiest healer naturally. The shields, of which there are many, are broken in pvp because they arent correctly nerfed. Combine that with the fact its heal numbers are the highest, you end up with the tankiest, highest heals and broken shields. Most unbalancing class in game if played well. I avoid it myself because I abhor easy, broken classes. If shields registered in game most people would probably gasp to realize its doubling the output of the games next best heals if you combined shields+ heals. But there it is.

Mage: Second best heals in game. Has some broken shields too, but not nearly as bad as warriors for this. Great heals when mixed with Chloro. 41 Fk/rest chloro is popular. Or, for added defense, going 8 arbiter for boosted defenses with the 8 point ability is worth the 20% heal loss for all the resilience it gives if learning the class.

Primalist: Great AoE heals but squishy. Almost no one knows its potential, however, since no one plays it after its completely OP ability was nerfed (it used to be insanely ******edly good and so easy to play). But, why play this when choice 1 or 2 is there?

Cleric: still has mana issues/can be nerfed by debuffing. I have the top (non-cheating) output on cleric with a 32 puri/rest sent build. Brings some added utility with this build specifically against dot classes with 2 aoe cleanses and 1 remove all debuffs abilities on short CD. I can beat most other healers in output unless they are top end healers, but Im probably doing 5Xs as much complexity in gameplay to achieve these results. Most players cant, and the healing souls for most will seem completely useless. Decent survivability. Only play for pvp if you want to challenge yourself.

Rogue: You can mix bard/phys to play a fun, interesting build. The utility compensates for lower heals then the other callings in this build with aoe dot cleanse, 3 enemy debuffs that are very impactful for your team to get kills (so less need for heals) and sometimes I get kills even. Its your definition of support, for sure. The only player I see that competes for straight up heals top-tier is Lotuss who plays a more phys-heavy build. So it is possible to have what Id consider the 3rd best heals in game as a rogue.

Pvp is very difficult to get into and keep at it due to gear disparity and confusion. Also, multiple broken abilities across all callings plus actual game cheaters utilizing 3rd party software to cheat. The game is barely kept up with devs/CMs you cannot get a hold (they will actively ignore you) of nor anyone working on anything to fo with bug fixes, balancing, or cheating. If your issue is servers down, cash shop issues, then they might get to it. All else is to be ignored.

Personally I only play the game because I already invested so much time into it. I do not recommend this game even to friends. Leveling is fun-pve is great. Just realize nothing will ever get fixed once you start encountering all the broken things, and there is a definitive end meaning nothing more is getting developed.

+ Reply to Thread