+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Player

Plane Touched

Default Returning Player

Well, i'm level 69, and back after a long hiatus. Got caught up on the new xpac in wow in a month and a half and already bored there.
    Minecraft server is dead.
    FF14 is boring me.

And after a break, and looking at the changes, I purchased the newest soul packs and i'm loving that legendary rhime synch'd with legendary plague bolt.

But there's a problem. Faeblight's population is dead.

Where's a good server I can look at moving to that has a decent active population?
    I also hear they have LFR... I'm not looking for serious raiding personally but at least being able to play a dumbed down story of the raid would be nice. Can someone tell me what this is?

Gonna see about pushing 70 tonight. I forgot how much I enjoyed this game.

Soulwalker

The most active servers are deepwood and Greybriar

Plane Touched

Thank you much for that. Is there a channel in game people are using other than Crossevents?
    And for the RPrs, we have a channel called "RP United" where all are welcome. It's an old channel but we're trying to gather the stragglers up and rebuild.

I've noticed this game has become a bit of deserted, would like to see what can be done to try to breathe life into a player base again... I know this is primarily the responsibility of the devs and marketing time. I'm under no illusions there.

But is there something we as players can do to start pulling people back into the game, and help them have fun as friendly, helpful folks?

Should we start live streaming the game more as we play? As we raid, dimension build, or even just farm? Is there a way we can give it more exposure?

While I play off and on (I admit I didn't realize I'd been gone 3 years. time flies) at the same time this game has always been my prime favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzerofury View Post

But is there something we as players can do to start pulling people back into the game, and help them have fun as friendly, helpful folks?

Should we start live streaming the game more as we play? As we raid, dimension build, or even just farm? Is there a way we can give it more exposure?
    A bunch of people try hard every day to push the game's direction towards being at least recommendable to close friends again. Tough trench war on many fronts.
    Last edited by Shas; 07-24-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

Plane Touched

We held an event today among the roleplayers, which drew a few of us together.
    I'm planning on holding a meeting among those of us who remain who are interested in RP (along with of course anything immersion oriented) as a sort of meet and greet this Sunday in Scarwood Reach, at the Tavern there in the open world on Faeblight. It's out of character, all interested in showing up to simply kinda meet and greet mingle and share in back stories and ideas are welcome to show.
    It'll be from Noon to 4pm Pacific time.
    Late show ups are welcome, no one has to stay the whole thing, I'm just leaving a 4 hour window that i'll be there, hope to get some people to hang out and mix a bit. It's tough when the overall community has fewer people playing. The window size is to allow folks with varying schedules a chance to show up too instead of worrying about not being able to make it.

I feel like maybe this company also needs to think in terms of "create a good game that stands on it's own" rather than "create a game that competes with vanilla wow" (since vanilla came out and likely sucked those people out).

Something unique. I'd like to see them focus more on invasions and world events, engaging raids are fine but make them more accessible to common folks. It's a formula that works.

If you make things only for the top players, only the top players stick around, the rest of us get bored and don't participate. Raiding should be fun. Not obnoxiously painful/best spec only. Otherwise the class customizations we have mean nothing.

Course more content never hurts either. This xpac is what. 4 years old now?

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by darkzerofury; 07-25-2020 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkzerofury View Post
    I feel like maybe this company also needs to think in terms of "create a good game that stands on it's own" rather than "create a game that competes with vanilla wow" (since vanilla came out and likely sucked those people out).

Something unique. I'd like to see them focus more on invasions and world events, engaging raids are fine but make them more accessible to common folks. It's a formula that works.
    Acessability and world event based stuff is exactly where we are heading. 70 Raiding already is acessable af, with catch up gear on every corner.

Do not underestimate how much a world gains from the (yet) unknown and mysterious.
    The unkillable dragon and the stories around it- eventho only a few ever saw it- participate just as much in world building as lvl 1 quests.

If you give everyone everything for a predertermined recipe and planable time effort,
    it's outcome will be as rewarding as grocery shopping.
    Deciding to go the path of said 1% or even knowing someone who did this and that is what gives the RPG to the mmo.

Hierosolyma | Shas | Shaslol | Syenn | Azuren | Jeru | Katane

+ Reply to Thread