+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By caduto
  • 1 Post By Zornar
  • 1 Post By Sceada

Thread: need advice

Soulwalker

Default need advice

Hello everyone i used to play rift back when it released up until storm legion expansion.

I know there is not much more content nowadays but is there any guide or something for returning or even new players?

Im wondering if leveling trough dungeons and instant adventures is still the fastest way to go? Are there any necessary story quests i shouldn't miss?

Probably most important for me: is raiding still a thing?

Back in the day i lvled warrior, mage and rogue until lvl cap but i started with cleric now. Is there any "up to date" guide for dps and/or healing clerics when you hit cap?

Somehow most guides and stuff i can find on the internet is from 2014/2015.

Are factions and realms even a thing anymore? And what about pvp is it still worth it grinding gear later on?

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Sceada; 03-23-2020 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Forgot some things

Quote Originally Posted by Sceada View Post
    Hello everyone i used to play rift back when it released up until storm legion expansion.

I know there is not much more content nowadays but is there any guide or something for returning or even new players?
    welcome back!
    we have had 2 more expansions since storm legion, the first was nightmare tide, the second is the current expansion the 'prophecy of ahnket'

Im wondering if leveling trough dungeons and instant adventures is still the fastest way to go? Are there any necessary story quests i shouldn't miss?
    you may find the levelling guide on cadrift.net helpful
    You can choose to 'powerlevel' through Instant Adventures, you can try to get dungeon groups.
    Be aware that you cannot 'miss' a quest. You may lose track of the questline but you can always go back to pick up quests that you haven't done. There are no quests that will expire or that you will outlevel.
    You can level all the way to 70 in IA if you so wish and then go back to each zone and complete all the quests.

Probably most important for me: is raiding still a thing?
    There are guilds on NA and on EU that still raid regularly. The raids will become repetative pretty quickly as we only really have 3 of them. however there is also lots of open world farming to do to get top gear so you will be busy between raids too.

Back in the day i lvled warrior, mage and rogue until lvl cap but i started with cleric now. Is there any "up to date" guide for dps and/or healing clerics when you hit cap?
    Somehow most guides and stuff i can find on the internet is from 2014/2015.
    a lot of the older specs still work due to very little changes int he soul trees/rotations, you should aim to find guides that are from 2018 ish onwards
    you will find a basic list of raid ready specs to choose from here.

Are factions and realms even a thing anymore? And what about pvp is it still worth it grinding gear later on?

Thanks a lot
    Factions and shards (realms) all play together now, but your shard will still matter for joining a guild and using the auction house, you can find more info here.
    pvp is a fun alternate activity but none of the gear will be useful for raiding, also raid gear isnt that useful in pvp, the two systems are pretty separate.

note: rift is free to play, all the way up to level 70 with no restrictions. you can see a detailed purchasing guide here.

note2: you will find it useful to join our community discord!

Plane Touched

Welcome back.

I've leveled quite a few characters to 70, and I do it mostly through IAs from level 10 to 48. I buy the blue void stone gear from the Adventure dealer in Sanctum/Meridian to keep my gear somewhat decent. I also do the weekly IA quest for the experience and void stone reward.

I've found having some healing is very beneficial for IAs. For rogue, I usually run 61 ranger, 11 Bard, 4 Tactician (if you don't have Tactician soul, use Assassin instead). I find that spamming Cadence with 3/3 in Invigorated Soul is often enough healing to keep the whole IA raid alive. With a Cleric, the Fairy Healer can be very effective keeping the IA group alive.

At 48, I go to Dusken or Brevane for a few levels to quest for the much better expansion gear. You level very fast from 48 to 50 there. When I get tired of that I go back into IAs until 58.

At 58, I go to Goboro Reef to get the better expansion gear there. Leveling from 58 to 60 is very fast there. Then I either go back to IAs or quest in the Plane of Water zone. Questing is fairly fast compared to IAs at this point.

At 65, I go to the Celestial Lands for some initial quests, particularly to get the 2 Planar Fragments via easy quests. If I have another level 70 character, I sent starter planar fragments to my leveling character. I find it efficient to do IAs from 65 to 66 to get some expansion gear, which is a big upgrade from Plane of Water gear. Questing can be slow in Scatherran Forest with just Plane of Water gear. The level 66 mobs there have 3 times the health of the 65s.

The IAs in Gedlo Badlands allow you to double dip experience by completing a few regular quests and lots of carnage quests.

Soulwalker

Guys thank you both so much for this detailed answers!

Right now im lvl 40 and still lvling trough instant adventures but now i know what to do next with 60+.

Starting to like rift again even though i didnt see much players in the open world so far (might change later on i think pretty much everyone lvls trough IA). Up until now i dont get bored because of iAs since i can't wait to do endgame content.

Lvlin three different chars before and with storm legion update was enough questing for me back in the day

I might return to this thread in a few days with new question but right now im good to go thanks guys!

Greetings

+ Reply to Thread