+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Skiye
  • 2 Post By Ambrodel

Thread: New player with some questions.

Soulwalker

Default New player with some questions.

Hello community!

I am a new player that just started out in RIFT and in that regard I have some questions

I'm a pretty story oritented player who enjoys reading quests & explore content. In that regard I wonder if it's possible to play on a free account to max level (which i believe is 70?) I obviousely want to be able to experience all of the story + zones so that's why I ask.

Second question: Is it difficult to do pvp at low level? I am currently lvl 19 and when I went to my closest defient city (Forgot the name) I qued up for a warfront for 40+ minutes and didn't get in. Is this normal?

Third and final question: If I get to max level eventually and want to do some pve is it difficult to do content? Can I do dungeons & raids without commiting huge amounts of time to get good gear/skill?

I hope someone can help me out by answering.

Thanks.

Every quest in every zone is completely open to free players. There's no walled off content at all. Although some souls for various classes and the primalist class you'd need to purchase.

As far as pve at 70 the quest gear from vostigar peaks is good enough to get you into the Looking for Raid (LFR) and 70 expert dungeons. One caveat is the eternal weapon. It's a long and grindy quest line but has a somewhat interesting story to go along with it.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Janniboy View Post
    Hello community!
    Hello new person!

All content is free and available to you, so no worries about that.

Lowlevel PVP has gotten a little bit of a boost with the Battle Pass, but most players are, and have been for a long time, max level, so most of the action is happening there, PVP as well as PVE.

Difficulty is always depending on your own skill. If you're one of those people that have no clue why standing in fire will get you killed, then yes, it will be difficult to gear up. If you're a veteran from similar games or you just learn easily, then you will get geared fast.

Welcome to the party. Enjoy it your own way and in your own time. No need to rush to 70 if you love storytelling.
    Last edited by Ambrodel; 05-30-2019 at 02:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread