+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coming Back

Default Coming Back

I've been on a 3 years hiatus from Rift and see that a few things have changed. I'm currently on Greybrier which seems to be deader than a doornail.

Which is the most active shard and where are the most active clans at?

I'm still a bit rusty but I'm a level 70 Cleric that can tank, heal, dps and support.

Any help on the best place to move would be appreciated!

Thanks

There is a mechanism in game now where everyone that logs in is placed into the same shard. Unless shard pop is over some arbitrary number then you will log into the next shard on the list. You may shard hop to your hearts content by right clicking your portrait

Only things I can think of at the moment that are affected by your home shard is guild recruitment. Guild joins must be done on same shard so may require you to relocate.

same goes for auction house.. you will always see the auction house from your home shard.

As for population.... might depend on time of day you are playing.

Greybriar is, as most shards are on NA, based on american time zones for activity. Laethys is the 'oceanic' shard,

Basically, depending on where you live, the peak times are in the evening, NY time.
    So.. starting around

15.00 hrs Pacific time
    18:00 hrs NY /EST time
    23:00 hrs UK time
    04:00 hrs Middle East
    08:00 hrs Perth/West Australia
    11:00 hrs Melbourne time

slowing down from

22:00 hrs Pacific time
    01:00 hrs NY/EST time
    06:00 hrs UK time
    11:00 hrs Middle East
    15:00 hrs Perth/West Australia
    18:00 hrs Melbourne time

This goes mainly for the NA players...

EU players and Oceanic players are less in numbers than NA players (though with current issues on EU server, that may change in the near future)
    Their most common play time may differ from the Na Players, due to the different time zones.

Keep in mind, above times are estimates, based on work / school / day-time activities and may vary depending on summer/winter time and season. ( 16:00 hrs in the summer or 16:00 hrs in the winter makes for different weather conditions and activities)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by WiseHermit View Post
    I've been on a 3 years hiatus from Rift and see that a few things have changed. I'm currently on Greybrier which seems to be deader than a doornail.

Which is the most active shard and where are the most active clans at?

I'm still a bit rusty but I'm a level 70 Cleric that can tank, heal, dps and support.

Any help on the best place to move would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Glad you're back. Me and two friends are also returning. Seems it's happening a lot right now. I thought it was a dead game but I've done my research and it's far from the truth. Sure, the game isn't running on all fours, but it's still alive and kicking. I still see people all over the place. Starter zones to end game.

Hope you stick around!

Rift Disciple

If you see me on server roster, it's probably best shard to be.

Thank you all!

I'm hoping the server stability issues will be fixed or maybe it's my PC ( I have a new one being delivered today in case) but I have seen some old names pop up which is nice. Rift is a unique game and I truly hope it comes back to life!

+ Reply to Thread