+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Isp

Thread: New player and her questions

Soulwalker

Default New player and her questions

Hello Everyone!

First of all, I am really happy to find this game. Greetings from Hungary!

I am new player and I have some questions.

First: Is there any good database? I use Google and forum and found telerapedia, magelo and zam but these are not complete... For example telerapedia does not mention Defiant Assassin rare mob in Mathosia, and I cannot found any information about rare mobs in Terminus... I want to clear both starter area.

Second: Addons. Is there any useful addon today? The last post I found made in 2013 about this question. I checked curse and riftui, but if I found any addon it did not work...

Third: I red that Guardian story is like a Tolkien with fairies, trolls and Defiant like some kind of steampunk. Is it truth? I try to find my side

Thank You!

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Holdfeny View Post
    Hello Everyone!

First of all, I am really happy to find this game. Greetings from Hungary!

I am new player and I have some questions.

First: Is there any good database? I use Google and forum and found telerapedia, magelo and zam but these are not complete... For example telerapedia does not mention Defiant Assassin rare mob in Mathosia, and I cannot found any information about rare mobs in Terminus... I want to clear both starter area.

Second: Addons. Is there any useful addon today? The last post I found made in 2013 about this question. I checked curse and riftui, but if I found any addon it did not work...

Third: I red that Guardian story is like a Tolkien with fairies, trolls and Defiant like some kind of steampunk. Is it truth? I try to find my side

Thank You!
    Because of the state of the game most of the rift related content on the internet is unmaintained and out of date and that would not change, one of the up to date sites - https://www.cadrift.net/

There are many useful addons, depends on what you need. But again on most sites they are outdated. You can find still working addons here - http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...ons-macros-ui/
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Rift Master

Well, there is always reddit. Most people usually give brutally honest answers about the game when you ask a question there since it really isn't monitored. Just type in Rift Reddit into your search engine.

As for addons I can suggest Kalert, KBM, Gadgets, Minion Sender, Rift Meter. There are much more but those five are pretty good to have. You can get the most updated versions through the add on forums from what I can tell. I don't specifically use KBM much but I hear it is still being worked on.

My personal experience for new players is first to realize that the name of a class is meaningless.Forget what you think a traditional rogue, warrior, mage, cleric etc. is. The balance is all over the place and the traditional identities of these classes are so skewed in Rift. For instance, you would think cleric would be best at healing but actually most used healers are warriors. Most can do all roles but some surprising better at roles you don't expect especially when you purchase a soul pack.

As a brand new player who is seeking the best return on their investment rogue and mage seem to be the top two picks with cleric being the absolute worse return by a huge margin. Hint: You will need to buy all the soul packs for cleric just to be barely and in some cases NEVER competitive at virtually every role. Primalist is also good too but it is pay to play but let us say you get bored of rogue you can easily migrate to primalist since they share the same gear type and a number of mind-numbingly expensive things to upgrade and farm can be transferred over to them, for instance, a full source engine with max upgraded BIS essences on a bound on account engine or sigil can be transferred over saving 100s of hours of gameplay. In general rogue have the best synergy and opportunity to multiclass into primalist opening up your playability significantly compare to the other three classes. It is the superior investment for new players.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 02-19-2019 at 05:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread