+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ambrodel

Thread: Glyphs

Soulwalker

Default Glyphs

I have been playing for a few months and things are so confusing! I am making glyphs like crazy with my profession, but no idea what to do with them. I ask in the game and get no answer. Can someone please give me some clue as to what they are used for / how to use them to better my game?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tralani View Post
    I ask in the game and get no answer. Can someone please give me some clue as to what they are used for / how to use them to better my game?
    Nobody answers, because glyphs are pretty much useless. They are FOR FUN items rather than MUST USE IN COMBAT items. Taking the last three craftables as an example of use:

Glyph of the Baac. Tooltip says you get attuned to Plane of Earth, making you denser. What happens is that you cannot jump as high as normally and you fall faster. When you land, there's a mini earthquake graphical effect.

Glyph of the Shalistiri. Tooltip says attuned to Plane of Air. Opposite effect of Baac, you can jump higher and fall slower. Good for skipping some walls or stairs, but not really a needed effect anywhere.

Glyph of the Skelf. Does exactly what it says. Nothing fancy there. Not needed, because outside of Plane of Water, you don't really swim a lot. I have only ever used it during a quest in Moonshade Highlands.

The rest are just as useless for most people.

Shalistiri glyph can be pretty fun and helpful. But the impression I got was that these were added as simply fun fluff and to help make leveling runecrafter easier.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Vespa@Wolfsbane

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread