+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is steam charts right?

Soulwalker

Smile is steam charts right?

I've read some posts and saw that the game is pretty dead while leveling, but has decent activity at lvl 70
    steam charts shows that only 300-400 persons average are playing Rift, is this number true?
    a pair of friends and I want to play it but are still not sure of what to do, depending on the playerbase activity

Most people play through Glyph by itself and don't go through Steam.

The population is still fine, unless your bar is "millions of people"; my bar is "can I find an active guild to do dungeons and raids with" and the answer is yes. But it's not WoW/GW2/FFXIV.

The company just got bought out and most of the devs laid off, so I'd hold off on spending any money til we get a sense of the direction and new content, if any.
    But it is still free and fun and populated and you can see the whole game without paying anything.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 11-13-2018 at 03:40 PM.

Soulwalker

ok thanks! I saw decent activity in just 2mins after logging, so I thought people played without steam

thanks again!

I think the majority of the players do not go through steam. I myself don't because of issues with it, that being said, the minority are on steam. Also remember you get zoned into the game on the most active server at the time so be sure to check and make sure its the server you and your friends are on together.

Have fun!
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

If you want to level by open world questing, expect Rift to frequently feel like playing a solo RPG.

+ Reply to Thread