+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat

Thread: New to Rift (but not to MMO's) and stuck on the "Suffer in Soul" quest.

Soulwalker

Question New to Rift (but not to MMO's) and stuck on the "Suffer in Soul" quest.

Hello all!

I seem to be stuck on what should be a straightforward quest.
    Got the three "power ups" with no problem (they show completed in the quest progress list), found the creepy cave with the spider webs, the entrance to which should be the required first challenge.
    Walked right through (with glowing hands) but was not credited with completing that stage.
    At that precise moment, the servers went down yesterday. Same place this morning (only now there is a dead guy on the floor in the entrance). Nothing clickable in the area.
    Should I abandon and restart the quest?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholidor View Post
    Hello all!

I seem to be stuck on what should be a straightforward quest.
    Got the three "power ups" with no problem (they show completed in the quest progress list), found the creepy cave with the spider webs, the entrance to which should be the required first challenge.
    Walked right through (with glowing hands) but was not credited with completing that stage.
    At that precise moment, the servers went down yesterday. Same place this morning (only now there is a dead guy on the floor in the entrance). Nothing clickable in the area.
    Should I abandon and restart the quest?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
    I'm not sure which quest, but with the server crash, I definitely recommend the "abandon and restart quest" option. I often adventure with a friend and we've found we mess up quest advancement for each other, so I've gotten pretty good at starting over. I bet the NPCs think of me as "that not-so-particularly bright adventurer that always comes back asking more questions".

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tholidor View Post

From what i remember, when you get very close to the spider web blocking the cave entrance, your hands do glow purple but a temporary ability will pop up on the screen that you click on, this allows you to 'smash' through the web and then second objective should appear on the quest log.

If you didn't get credit for clearing first objective it's probably best to abandon the quest and retake it, will only take a few minutes to click the three artifacts and get back to the cave enttrance.

Watch for the temporary ability button that should pop up as you get very close to the web, good luck in there.

Soulwalker

Default Thank you.

It appears that it was a little buggy as the glowing hands appeared and the spider web, but the big boulder was absent!

Completed it successfully on an Alt on another server.

I have abandoned the Q on this character and will reattempt today.

Again, thanks for the help!

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

If it's still an issue, could always shard hop, that usually works to kickstart stubborn quests.

+ Reply to Thread