+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player :) Last play was 3years ago or so..

Default Returning player :) Last play was 3years ago or so..

Ahoy me harties!
    Long time no see!

Been a bit bored with most games lately and thought why not give Rift which I played - ALOT - a new go.

So ..

Gonna start of fresh, not my imba Chloro healer, and try out something new

Whats considered a good solo leveling class atm? Balance and gameplay have probably change a lot the last three years, but im looking towards healing in endgame as a casual again if I get bit by the Rift game again.

Have a nice one mates!
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

may depend.. going prime or going live?

preferable class?

since (on Live more than prime) each class can play each role, tho depending on the (type of )fight, some classes/roles may perform better than others.

I would suggest checking out the differences between live and prime first, then make a choice for the type of game you want to play..

and next read up in forums for the guides on roles/callings/soulbuilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    may depend.. going prime or going live?

preferable class?

since (on Live more than prime) each class can play each role, tho depending on the (type of )fight, some classes/roles may perform better than others.

I would suggest checking out the differences between live and prime first, then make a choice for the type of game you want to play..

and next read up in forums for the guides on roles/callings/soulbuilds.
    Hey.
    Going Live

Just logged on and damn, alot less servers now than before.

See also that the charactars I had before is gone. Gooing to start from scratch, but would be nice to send over some cash from my former characters hehe..
    But theire not theire, so maybe got deleted since its over three years since I played?

Gooing mage, and gonna just do what I usally do. Try everything out and see where I land.
    Last edited by KalToreth; 06-13-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

did you log in with your original account?

did you click on shards to check if there is any shard with chars on it?

you could also try to contact support and see if they know anything about missing chars.

For mage.. there is a new soul.. mystic archer. available for credits in store.

for builds on healing, tanking, support and dps, I suggest checking the forums.

you can start over the old way, levelling through questing and all. or use a form of powerlevelling through Interprid adventures, available at level 10 and up.

there is sidekicking and mentoring.. you can mentor your own level down.. (need to be level 15 for that ability first) so you can become eligible for xp gain and zone event/quest rewards
    this is something you can do yourself at any time.

sidekicking is always in a group. You sidekick to the level your highest level in group is and based on the zone you are in.
    So your level 10 in sanctum/meridian grouping/sidekicking with a level 70 will then be level 70, walking into freemarch/silverwood be level 20, going shimmersand level 50..
    at your level 50, sidekicking to a 70, you will be 70 in sanctum/meridian, tempestbay.. but level 20 in silverwood.. adjusted to the zone.

sidekicking and mentoring.. you will have the dps/stats numbers belonging to the level you are sidekicked/mentored to. You will however still have only the abilities from your original level

at level 10, you get an ascended trove with some goodies.. at level 20, that trove will give a mount, you will get a skill sphere from one, to help you leveling craft-related skills. You will also get 2 experience boosts.. one at level 10, the other at level 60.. save them for a rainy day.. you will level fast in the beginning anyways.

at level 60, the trove will also give you an instant skill 375 or 450 boost, so you can level up one skill straight away. You will need a crafting/gathering skill for this trained to skill it up. or an empty skill slot to train a skill that you want to level up fast.

enjoy your time in rift

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    Hey.
    See also that the charactars I had before is gone. Gooing to start from scratch, but would be nice to send over some cash from my former characters hehe..
    But theire not theire, so maybe got deleted since its over three years since I played?
    Most likely you are looking at wrong shard or region - check all shards and both regions (switch it in top right corner of rift launcher) - also after name reclaim you may be lost your name, but character itself still should be somewhere.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Cheers for answers
    Will check it tomorow.

I saw that I still was red tier loyalty so im deffo on my old char
    The shards says 0, but I might have to go to the shards in the meny and see if it needs a refresh or something. And if nothing works, theres always support

Have a nice one mates!

Shadowlander

If you are playing mage then Mystic Archer - if you get it - is (I would argue) FAR and away the best levelling soul; it's tree is loaded so you get the key abilities early; it's insanely mobile and will just melt everything it hits...

doesn't quite fit the mage archetype I know but.....

Wink

Everything sorted now

I was logging into North America in the Glyph launcher instead of Europe .......

The force is not strong with this one ..

Have a nice one mates!

+ Reply to Thread