+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bamul

Thread: Returning player (after a loooong itme) What to do?

Soulwalker

Default Returning player (after a loooong itme) What to do?

Hi,

Its a very long time ago I played Rift so Im a bit overwhelmed with the game again.
    Do you guyzx have some tips for the retuning players? Atm I feel like a first timer.

I have a lvl 65 Kelari Mage (Defiant) with this build:
    61 Necro, 9 Dom and 6 Chrono.

I noticed I hardly can beat a lvl 66 or 67 so something is wrong.

Help me plz

Welcome back to Rift! Yes , unfortunately Necro does not do so well these days. I play warlock/necro/arbiter seems to do decent. I wish I had a link for ya for other builds. Maybe do a search on mage builds past 4.0?

I know that your not alone in wanting to play necro, the soul just don't hold up and could use some serious help. Try Lock/Necro if that is okay with you to play.
    "I've had so many names, old names that only the wind and trees can pronounce" - Pan's Labyrinth

Shield of Telara

61 Harbinger/Chloro is the best choice when it comes to leveling.

Leveling from 65-70:

I prefer Legendary Bloom in every level because you can survive/kill large groups with this ability.

Level 65 - 8 Points in Chloro was enough healing for me. 54 Harbinger also works great but you missing Empyrean Ascension and Storm Shroud as an escape tool.

Level 66 - 9 Points in Chloro with Legendary Bloom (great DPS and heal with the 5 x Vile Spores Effect)

Level 67 - 9 Points in Chloro with Legendary Bloom and Legendary Empyrean Ascension

Level 68 - 61Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Stormcaller with Legendary Bloom, Legendary Empyrean Ascension and Legendary Vengeful Shock.

Level 69 - 61Harbinger/9 Chloro/6 Stormcaller with Legendary Bloom, Legendary Empyrean Ascension, Legendary Vengeful Shock, Legendary Piercing Beam or Legendary Reapers Blade

I personally prefer the the Harbinger/Chloro/Stormcaller variant before level 70, you missing the 25 % dmg Buff from Legendary Galvanic Strike here but the +10 % Spellpower in combination with the other legendary abilities compensates for this with Level 66-69. Probably Frostkeeper is a better alternative as a replacement for the Stormcaller offsoul but since I don't have the soul I can't say anything about it.

With Level 70:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1338370154

Macros and Gameplay:
    Spoiler!

If you really want to play Necro for nostalgic reasons you can also find useful Necro Specs in the spreadsheet, but the guides and macros are all optimized for level 70.
    Last edited by Bamul; 06-05-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Soulwalker

Tx for the replies and tips. I also found out that I have a pyromancer which I accualy like very much. I love fire.

The builds had
    61 Pyro
    3 Harbr
    12 Storm

Warlock I never treid tbh but Im going to give it all a try.
    In game I met some1 who let me to the correct quest to continue lvling.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    Harbinger is nice if you like melee which I dont. I m more a ranged/spells kinda player.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post

I prefer Legendary Bloom in every level because you can survive/kill large groups with this ability.
    How do I get the legendary Bloom?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kawaknaller View Post
    Harbinger is nice if you like melee which I dont. I m more a ranged/spells kinda player.

How do I get the legendary Bloom?
    With Phantom Blades the Harbinger can also be played half of the time as a ranged soul, so if you don't like meele souls, you should still look at it and in my opinion Harbinger has the funniest playing style of all mage souls. 61 Harbinger in combination with chloro has super self-healing, stuns, stealth, teleports (forward and backward) and unbelievable runspeed that makes you almost immortal. Without a high eternal weapon, 61 Harbinger/9 Chloro is probably your best DD spec with the most damage.

The Harbinger has the largest toolset of all mage souls. Just as an example of how to quickly complete a quest where you have to collect an object next to an NPC. You stun the NPC, take the object and then make yourself invisible and disappear.

From level 66 to level 70 you get 1 legendary ability for each level. You can activate the legendary ability by clicking it in your soul tree.
    Returning player (after a loooong itme) What to do?-lbloom.jpg
    Picture in better quality

Rift Disciple

like Bamu said, 61 harb / 8-9 chloro / SC or arbiter is best for leveling. Although you may not like melee specs, harb is the most useful and "solo-able" spec across mage specs with survivability, self healing and damage all in one. Examples like when you are outside leveling aggro'd bunch of mobs harb can survive where pet specs like necro or ele definitely can't. Pet specs might give you a false sense of safety that your pet is tanking stuff for you. But truth is you can easily rip aggro off your pet as well as your pet cant group tank mobs for you when you have more than one mob attacking you, since 66-70 mobs hit you hard you will easily get into danger health wise, let alone the damage of pet specs hit like wet noodles when you don't have gears and stats to uphold it.

If you wish to level up to 70 asap and relatively more easier, harb is your best choice even though you may not like melee. After you hit 70, you can play whatever you want.
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 06-05-2018 at 04:01 AM.
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Shadowlander

I am genuinely intrigued to get to 60+ and see how the mobs hit, as (right now at 35) Mystic Archer is far and away the best levelling spec with the insane DPS it can do......that being said, I've noticed the talents you pick up higher up are not quite as good as the ones lower done...I run MA/Harb/Ele...

+ Reply to Thread