+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By TiviaRose

Thread: Well thought i would say hi.

Default Well thought i would say hi.

I started playing this month first time ever playing Rift. I have been really enjoying the game, its far exceeded my expectations

I just want to say that the UI system is the best i have seen as far as customizing it, normally i would be looking for a UI mod with most games. But im really happy with the games UI. There is a lot to learn as a noob, so many things to figure out. Stories and planar ,crafting ,and so many spells! I love soul trees, i can customize my characters abilities. I love the wardrobe system, and the character changes you can make from in the game, in case you made an oops at creation.

The zones are stunning, and one of my favorite things to do is explore. Im looking forward to leveling and then seeing the instance content and warfronts. I wish more people would do dungeons though, seems like forever to get a group. Maybe thats because of the carnival going on. Well see ya ingame, and dont forget to /wave

Welcome to Rift!!
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Shadowlander

Welcome!

While it's true dungeons can take a while to pop, making sure you have 'que as mentored' checked (I believe it becomes available at 25), and having a support role (most people at lower levels, don't care if you are actually in the support role) helps a lot.

I mainly level via dungeons, but to pass the time I will sometimes quest, do zone events, or nightmare rifts.

Have fun, don't be afraid to experiment with customization.

Thanks for the welcome, and the advice. I dont really understand the support role, do you dps heal offtank?

Shadowlander

Support are mainly dps that buff the party, some of them also have lesser healing abilities and/or absorbs. The party makeup requires one support, but most people at lower levels don't care if you remain in your dps role even if you qued as support. You do have to have a second role set with a support build in order to que that way though. Personally I love support roles, and would recommend at least trying it out.

+ Reply to Thread