+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chazzstrong

Thread: I am so lost.

Default I am so lost.

So I played the crap out of this game all the way back to Alpha testing, but drifted off when Storm Legion came out. I came back a bit later and labored through it when Nightmare Tides came out, leveled a toon through that content as well, but left again when I got bored.

So a video pops up in my youtube feed about RIFT, I figure 'hey, I haven't played that in awhile, why not?' so I come back, jump on my lvl 65, head to the new zone and...promptly get my *** handed to me by every single mob.

I readjusted all of my builds to accommodate changes, bought the gear that I could on AH to bring my stats up to spec, but something is just not adding up. All of my heals are healing for like 5k health when my max HP is over 70k and enemies do like 10k a hit...while having 300k themselves. My damage can whittle an enemy down, but just barely before they kill me, and that's just 1 v 1. What gives? One of the first quests is 'upgrade this dormant henge' and, of course, the spot has a Rift font on it where you can't pull just one enemy, so I get massacred before I can even take out 1. I've tried numerous specs and I'm at a loss...game has never been this outright imbalanced before, with such a huge disparity between my stats and the mobs, so I feel like I'm missing something. I've got 11k spell power, 1k hit, my planar attunement is all spent, what am I not doing?

Plane Touched

Did you upgrade the healing ones around the hinge? Whats your spec? Do you have any self heals?

Once you hit 66, all your stats will jump
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Did you upgrade the healing ones around the hinge? Whats your spec? Do you have any self heals?

Once you hit 66, all your stats will jump
    Yeah, I got my first piece of 'new' gear and saw the friggin stat jump...just insane. That is bloat beyond bloat. >.>

My Shaman is too much of a glass cannon still, but I've found Druidicar still works reasonably well with the Greater Healing pet. I just have a bit of down-time between mobs. I DID manage to solo 3 mobs at once...as a Defiler / Cabalist combo. I guess I can make it work, but jesus that stat jump...

EDIT: My first weapon upgrade added about 20k damage per hit...now my healing crits are able to keep up, and I'm smashing through enemies. Insane.
    Last edited by chazzstrong; 03-21-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Plane Touched

That's good to hear. Once you get your first legendary point I suggest using it in your faerie healer. They will provide nice heals.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Its all about the gear that came with the expansion or pack. Thats in most games i have played, the stat jump is tremendous just going 1 or 2 levels into an expansion area. It will work out, just have to get past that awkward transition.
    Last edited by TiviaRose; 03-27-2018 at 03:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread