+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Few Newbie questions

Telaran

Default Few Newbie questions

Hello all, I just started playing again after years lol and I need to relearn a lot. Anyways I have a few questions on game.

1- How do I change my class and how many times can I change it?

2- Stats? Do i raise them or do they go up automatically?

3- What rogue spec from 1 on is good for solo level quest/rifts?

4- Is rogue good for pvp and if so what spec from level 10 warfronts on? And what are paid souls like physician? I am a patron so does that mean I have access to then soul?

Thank you all...

> How do I change my class and how many times can I change it?

"Class" is not the right term in RIFT. You change your calling by creating a new character. You change your souls / role by pressing 'n' and choosing 3 souls from your available choices. Be sure to close the inner presets window (or just roll with a preset for now). You can change your souls infinitely, for a small plat/gold fee.

> Stats? Do i raise them or do they go up automatically?
    They go up a little as you level, but mainly you get gear to increase your stats.

> And what are paid souls like physician?
    They are extra souls that provide a different playstyle or access to a different type of role. For Rogue, the paid souls are Shadeborn (different DPS style), Physician (single-target heals), and Tactician (quasi-AoE heals).

> I am a patron so does that mean I have access to then soul?
    No. Paid souls are separate from patron and are bought with real money (on Prime, with planarite). The Ascended Essentials pack is the best value for a new player (regular price $40, but wait a couple days to see if there is an anniversary sale).

+ Reply to Thread