+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Kulta

Thread: Suggesting all new comers PLAY Prime first.

Default Suggesting all new comers PLAY Prime first.

Im going to suggest all new comers to play prime first .

Enjoy every expansion as they come Learn the game from scratch.

Come Join us on PRIME

Problem with that is there is a barrier to entry: the cost.

I suggest that newcomers check out Live, for free, for a few days.

Plane Walker

Newcomers receive a few days of patron when they first start the game. Prime gives them a taste of the game as it was (supposedly) during the hayday of it's time. That's when people enjoyed it the most. Of coarse, people can choose to play on the live servers at the same time, but maybe they would ejoy finding out what made many of us love the game in the first place. And I'm sure that the game will be really busy for a while, when Prime first starts up. Kinda disappointed to hear that we can only make two characters, but oh well. I'll survive.
    Increase the peace, decrease the chaos.

I have to ask what is the difference? Outside of having only the base game to start with and lower level cap, what makes it better?

Hey, Prime is fun...but, not sure I would say a brand new player should try one over the other. Not totally fair.

I've played Rift on/off since day 1....and now Prime. It just boils down to whether you prefer the ftp model, or sub model. Both have the same content..only Live doesn't have it gated and if you really wanted to get to end game asap, you could. Otherwise...Prime will progress slower. Again though, just depends which model you prefer. Win win...you get Rift either way
    Blythe & Iko - Vigil - Rooted Hideaway - Waterfalls Pub
    Blythe - Faeblight

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TiviaRose View Post
    I have to ask what is the difference? Outside of having only the base game to start with and lower level cap, what makes it better?
    Prime is more like a progression server. It's tuned to be more difficult, and currently only contains 1-50 content with the expansion content being released over time.

Prime is going to be closing n a year, I would say to new players, play live where you can build and keep everything you have worked for and are prepared when the new expansion comes out.
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    ...new expansion..
    Good one. 10/10 funnies.

Side note - Pretty sure they've said everything on Prime transfers to Live when/if it closes
    Last edited by Retracerr; 03-28-2018 at 07:37 AM.
    Okiedokie@Vigil

Unhappy

Agreed. Otherwise in Live you will be discriminated like me. As a newly 70, I was told, I should not queue the expert and slowing down their daily. oh well, a very friendly environment.

Go Prime at least you are not lag a lot like Live does.

(sorry for so negative but I m quite unhappy)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wiks View Post
    Agreed. Otherwise in Live you will be discriminated like me. As a newly 70, I was told, I should not queue the expert and slowing down their daily. oh well, a very friendly environment.

You shouldn't be sorry, the community for the most part seems to be comparable to a wow server and not in a good way.
    Last edited by Curt; 04-02-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulta View Post
    Prime is going to be closing n a year, I would say to new players, play live where you can build and keep everything you have worked for and are prepared when the new expansion comes out.
    1)The new expansion is something we don't know will happen this year or not - and its in my opinion not happening, with Prime progress and Live patches happening in the meantime (I won't take this as RIFT dying, unless we come through 2019 and there's still nothing).
    2)Whatever gained on Prime will carry with character over to Live when/if Prime ends. You're not 'losing' anything as a new player. If anything, you have exclusive or near exclusive items or rewards brought to Live.

So my suggestion:

A - You don't have the money to spare and you're new --> Play Live
    B - You have the money to spare and you're new --> Play Prime
    C - You're a returning player trying things out again --> Play Live
    D - You're a returning player who is burned by how the game has went --> Play Prime
    E - You're a current player who is attached to what you've gotten so far --> Play Live
    F - You're a current player who wants to try something 'fresh' --> Play Prime

I'm a mix of D and F - I have played a littleee bit over the last couple of years but only enough to keep the game installed. Prime encourages me to enjoy the journey all over again, most of the mess not included. Now if only issues like leveling, class balance, lag, and (personal) things like account-wide things were sorted out, I'd be downright excited. Instead I'm just enjoying myself and dreading the idea of my Prime character coming to Live and that I'll be torn between my Live character with nice things and Prime character with exclusive things.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 04-02-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpacesBetween View Post
    Prime is more like a progression server. It's tuned to be more difficult, and currently only contains 1-50 content with the expansion content being released over time.
    And I hope they're steady but not too fast about that.

I want:
    Spring - Classic release, Classic updates
    Summer - Classic updates, maybe Storm Legion release (like August)
    Fall - maybe Storm Legion release, Storm Legion updates, maybe Nightmare Tide release (like November)
    Winter - maybe Nightmare Tide release, Nightmare Tide updates, maybe Prophecy of Ahnket release (like February)
    Spring - maybe Prophecy of Ahnket release, Prophecy of Ahknet updates, maybe Prime ends
    Summer - maybe Prime ends

Everything done early to mid 2019, news of an expansion coming mid to late 2019, Trion decides what to do with Prime. Through all this, POA updates still occur, filling in its many gaps and made applicable to Prime progress.

They could go even slower than this, with Prime, like go until mid to late 2019 instead, and I wouldn't really object, as long as every month has something new added.
    I just want a summer of Classic and Fall of Storm Legion. They shouldn't go faster than that, and I wouldn't necessarily mind if they went slower than that. Even if we went 4 months or so per version (release, T1, T2, T3), that's pretty fast.
    Last edited by Maeloda; 04-02-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TiviaRose View Post
    It is meant to provide an experience closer to that of a game heavily based on subscription for revenue as opposed to the current mixed approach. As such the cash shop is downplayed so it is much less able to allow players to substitute cash for time and effort.

Also, it is meant to somewhat mimic the development of the game over time, but at an accelerated rate, as option for those that prefer previous states of the game over the current.

How that is better, of indeed if it is better, depends on how a person feels about payment model options and the changes made to the game over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiks View Post

Like in many MMORPGs, cooperative activities will be much more pleasant if you find a welcoming guild that cares more about people than numbers.

I haven't played too many games where positive play experiences with others was as likely through circumstance as contrivance.

+ Reply to Thread