+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nysterra

Thread: Returning Player - Loyalty/Patron?

Question Returning Player - Loyalty/Patron?

After some research, I have not been able to find a definitive answer regarding some changes Trion has made towards patron status/loyalty tiers and their upcoming release of Rift Prime.

I began playing Rift in 2014 and in the purple tier loyalty status rank. I have started playing again after a year hiatus and am a bit confused with the changes as to whether I am still a patron member. Additionally, do members keep patron status once Prime comes live without a paid subscription through loyalty tiers as in the past?

I may have forgotten some of the requirements since I haven't played in a year, so forgive me in advance should this be the case. Is there a way to actually determine the account membership status? I'd love to hear if anyone has some clarification .

Thanks!

Plane Touched

If you're in the game, press P, the last one in the left column is Patron. Click it, if the abilities are grayed out, you are not a patron.

Alternatively, you can log into your account here and if you scroll down it'll show you the status of your patron.

And you have to have patron to play on the Prime server.

There are 2 ways you can get the patron status..

Subscription (renewal).. automatic payment, renews with the conditions you got the subscription running on (yearly, 6 months, 3 months, 1 month)

Buying patron pass in rift store with credits.
    Credits can be gotten through Rift Store (credit bundles) or buying Rex through Store or from other players.
    Buying Rex in store for the credits is rather expensive, bundles are cheaper.
    Buying Rex in game from other players means you can pay with ingame currency, platinum.

Sidenote.. patron pass is 2400 credits for 30 days, if you are not a patron.
    Patron gets 10% discount on credit price in store and pays 2160 credits for the 30 day pass.
    Credit sellers in game usually do not sell patron pass, since the loyalty from the purchase goes to the user of that pass, not the buyer

Some packs/bundles reward patron time as well. You may want to check the rift website store and/or Steam.
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-25-2018 at 06:26 PM.

> I have started playing again after a year hiatus and am a bit confused with the changes as to whether I am still a patron member. Additionally, do members keep patron status once Prime comes live without a paid subscription through loyalty tiers as in the past?

You are misremembering. Patron is the same thing as subscribed. You must be actively subscribed to access Prime - whether you use real money or credits/REX to do so. Simply having a specific loyalty level is not related to patron status.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 02-26-2018 at 04:43 AM.

Thank you very much for reminding me and clarifying . I appreciate it!

Soulwalker

Default I have access to Rift Prime, but no sub?

I purchased a collector's edition of Rift, before it hit the stores, and haven't played in years. I recently read about the Prime server, and thought i would log in to give it a go, not having realized that it was supposed to be a paid subscription server. However, it let me in, and is still doing so. I checked my account status, and it is saying i have 18 days left of Patron status, with nothing set to renew.. I mean it's literally been years since I have played, or logged on, so how did I end up with any time at all under a subscription?
    Also, the Glyph account shows me with something like 1,200 gems (or whatever the currency is called that you pay real money for) yet, in game, i have 0... i havent logged into the 4.3 live servers, but i thought gems, the 1,200 that are showing as available when i log into my Glyph account in this case, would be available in game, regardless of which server or character i logged into...

Can anyone explain either? Thank you in advance... i am just tryring to understand more before i do something to either mess anything up or commit long term.

+ Reply to Thread