+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Aranka
  • 1 Post By Aranka
  • 1 Post By Isp

Thread: Coming back a few questions....?

Default Coming back a few questions....?

Hey all returning back to one of my favorite games! I have been part of RIft since beta testing. Been away on and off since it went F2P (really bugged me). Just want to confirm a few things before I start cleaning inventory, and getting ready for my 65-70 grind.
    1. Purchased SP, and callings/souls from NT. Do I need to purchasing anything else? Only thing I see is Primilast pack. From what I remember expansion packs came out 2012, 2014, and 2016. Now its all availible for free?
    2. Why does it show me to purchase the Ascended essentials pack when all I need is the Primalist? I currently have everything else?
    3. I have 8 bag slots can any more be purchased or is that max slots?

Thanks all for the help everyone! Happy hunting!

You don't need/have to buy anything.. unless you really want all souls, all callings, all bag slots..

The entire content is free to play.
    The one thing different from patron and non-patron besides the perks is the sparkles quest, that is a monthly quest and gives a random piece of gear from a specified instance.

don't mind the promotional messages. In Rift Store, you can check the separate soul packs and DLC content.. and decide for yourself if you want/need them.

Besides the Prophecy of Ahnket pack, all content was available for all from the start.. Prophecy of Ahnket pack gave the buyers some 4 to 6months pre-access to the 65+ zones, before the xpack went free for all as well.

usually the packs were just extended packs, with bonus items, such as mounts, brevanic portal generator, a big bag, a special minioncard, a portable auctioneer...

Just jump into the game, check the soulbuild, legendary points are gained at level 66-70 and can each enhance one of the -for legendary power available- abilities in your soultree.

To get to the new lands, you will find a portal in the corner of Tempest bay, where you used to go to the Stormbreaker protocol instance. Find Batua, talk to him and teleport to Alittu.

Check the forums for information on fragments, sidekicking , mentoring.. and maybe magelo for the quests in the different zones.

The gap between the levels is significant in what you can kill.. level 65 will 99% certain wipe to a level 68.

Get some visionary weaponrune(s) asap for the ap/sp and the proc.

Thanks for the detailed message and was exactly what I needed to know as a returning player. I think I have everything purchased anyways. Just more curious on the max bag slots you can carry. Not the biggest bags, but the actual bag slots that you can carry. Thanks again!

The boxes you see are the max.. 8 for bags in the little menubar in screen, 8 for the bankvault bag slots.

bankvaults... should be 10 or so

sidenote on the bags in the bag bar... slot 8 came from the NT xpack back in the days.. not sure if you can unlock it now or if it was made available some other way.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    bankvaults... should be 10 or so
    There is either no limit on vaults or it much higher than 10. I have around 20 and could buy more.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

ah.. didn't know that.. didn't test that either, for alts with a guild vault are cheaper ^^

Rift Disciple

What about those earring slots? How do we go about using those, and are they even necessary?

Thanks all for the information. Just about to start getting down to playing. See everyone out there!

earring slots.. they once were part of an expack, now they are unlocked for all.. They are just gear slots.

+ Reply to Thread