• 1 Post By Maltie
  • 1 Post By Poshy
  • 1 Post By Poshy
  • 1 Post By Skiye
  • 1 Post By Aranka

Thread: Hit 70 & Looking For Advice

Default Hit 70 & Looking For Advice

Hey folks

Well I finally got my new rogue toon to 70 & had fun strolling there but its time to pull up my shorts & start to get ready for dungeons/raids etc
    Was looking for advice for a few things if possible.

Got my Eternal Weapon & am half ready for that grind but any tips would be cool

Regarding running parses to check dps, in some of the build threads ive seen people using the lvl 67 raid boss dummies, best to run it on that or the new lvl 72 ones?
    Also with that when I have run a parse I reach about 200k on both which I found odd, wai or not?

Whats the minimum req dps for expert dungeons? Is it that spe 500k I keep seeing & if so how do I reach that as a fresh 70? My hits 2k so thats covered, case of merely git gud?

Is there a guide covering what dailies to do etc, should I always run the story ones in the newest zones or?

Sorry if these are found elsewhere but ive seen a couple of pieces of info & its all a bit fragmented.

Overall any advice is appreciated.

Cheers

Boom
    Last edited by BaronVonBoom; 01-07-2018 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Far too many smileys :)

Plane Touched

You can complete your rifts for the eternal weapon in the underwater zone east of Ember Isle. Theres 4 stages, advance one stage, then move onto the next rift. Do this for all the rifts on the shard, then swap to the next shard. Then work your way back up or down, depending on where you started. (start either north or south of the zone, better than starting in the middle) Once the timer runs you, you kill the remaining mobs left in the rift and it auto closes. So instead of doing 4 stages, you do 2 and get credit. Mentor to level 65.

You can complete your 1000 invasions via PTW onslaughts. Level up all the healing ones. You can solo these with the right spec. Id recommend tactbard, with your engine, and torrents. Im sure there are other specs you can use as wel.

The difference between the dummies is that the 72 dummies have raid debuffs/buffs. So you'll see your dps numbers closer to what you'd see in raid.

There is no set dps requirement for experts. But 200k is a good number to sustain on a boss. You can get into experts with just 2k hit and enough main stat. If you play the right spec/rotation rogues and primas can pull over 300k at fresh 70. People want 500k+ because they want to run experts fast, as in 5-minute expert runs. Once all players in the group do enough dps, you can drop a full healer and the tank. There are many hybrid builds that can be used to heal through all the damage in the dungeon. I pull 600+k dps while tanking and healing. While the rest of the group dps's.

As for dailies, I don't know of a guide. But I'd recommend doing crafting dailies/weeklies, mainly the ones that give you crafting lures, I believe Artificer, Outfitter, and Apoth give them. I believe Dreamweaver gives it too. I'd recommend doing TDEZ at least twice a week for the two free runs and weekly and Experts.

I also recommend gathering the mats for the crafted helm and ranged weapon. The first stage of the eternal weapon and crafted gear overlap.

Heres some guides you may benefit from

Pretty sure I missed somethings, hope someone else can cover for me. But good luck.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Those dailies in the zones are good to get your rep up, you can also start working on your crafted gear, I recommend doing that soon so you can progress them with your eternal at the start.

200k isn't aweful for where you are at, you can likely find alot more dps in your Assassin or NB builds if that is what your using. My rogue alt was over 400k in greens but I had decent frags lvl to 9+ from my main. As soon as you level your eternal a few times your Sin will start pulling ahead until the 16 LFR TD stage where you should be able to just use NB from there on out.

Run LFR TD for gear and wait to do the dungeons when you hit that part of the eternal chain. Or you could buy Vostigar gear but honestly I'd save Intel for your accessories.
    RIP boiled water, you will be mist

Youre both stars thank you for the advice

Am currently using the deadeye build thats on the rogue section, no idea if 200k with that right now is any good for a fresh 70 & am looking to find something new so will try out the NB/Sin builds as well.

EDIT: Noticed someone ask in chat what they should be spending planarite on as it caps quite easily, ive totally forgotten what people said but it was something to do with upgrading the fragments?
    Last edited by BaronVonBoom; 01-07-2018 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Memory Leak

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    200k isn't aweful for where you are at, you can likely find alot more dps in your Assassin or NB builds if that is what your using. My rogue alt was over 400k in greens but I had decent frags lvl to 9+ from my main. As soon as you level your eternal a few times your Sin will start pulling ahead until the 16 LFR TD stage where you should be able to just use NB from there on out
    Depends on how much CP he has, if he has high CP, he'll find NB(61) to be higher pre-eternal, low CP rogues will find Sinsab will be higher. As soon as he gets to his irotp stage eternal, NB will always be higher no matter of CP (lol HFB)

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post
    Youre both stars thank you for the advice

Am currently using the deadeye build thats on the rogue section, no idea if 200k with that right now is any good for a fresh 70 & am looking to find something new so will try out the NB/Sin builds as well.

EDIT: Noticed someone ask in chat what they should be spending planarite on as it caps quite easily, ive totally forgotten what people said but it was something to do with upgrading the fragments?
    The Deadeye MM build is good, but using Rapid Fire Shot legendary is much better since the change (RFS now procs stuff like munitions + hellfire blades, so it pulls more dps)

You can use the same macros/soul tree as the Deadeye MM build, just swap Legendary Deadeye for Legendary RFS and let RFS channel (be careful not to keep spamming and cut the channel)

As for Planarite, buy Tenebrean Planar Attuners, they help with upgrading the Crafted Helm + Ranged Weapon (which are a big upgrade), you wont need much planarite to upgrade fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    As for dailies, I don't know of a guide. But I'd recommend doing crafting dailies/weeklies, mainly the ones that give you crafting lures, I believe Artificer, Outfitter, and Apoth give them
    All of the non-gathering proffs give that quest (but you can only get 1 lure per char each week)
    Last edited by Maltie; 01-07-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    Depends on how much CP he has, if he has high CP, he'll find NB(61) to be higher pre-eternal, low CP rogues will find Sinsab will be higher. As soon as he gets to his irotp stage eternal, NB will always be higher no matter of CP (lol HFB)

The Deadeye MM build is good, but using Rapid Fire Shot legendary is much better since the change (RFS now procs stuff like munitions + hellfire blades, so it pulls more dps)

You can use the same macros/soul tree as the Deadeye MM build, just swap Legendary Deadeye for Legendary RFS and let RFS channel (be careful not to keep spamming and cut the channel)

As for Planarite, buy Tenebrean Planar Attuners, they help with upgrading the Crafted Helm + Ranged Weapon (which are a big upgrade), you wont need much planarite to upgrade fragments.

All of the non-gathering proffs give that quest (but you can only get 1 lure per char each week)

I would recommend the 61 Sin build and the 54nb builds posted. You can play around with 61nb if you want, from my perspective it's not as good for SPEs and it's situational for LFR TD unless your group is all new lvl 70s, most others are going to burn through stuff. 61nb is a viable raid spec but it doesn't sound like your at the top tier yet. Your marksmen can do really well you just want to make sure you go leg RFS, like Nix suggested, and also make sure you have leg HFB not fiery spike.

As far as the CP scaling thing with NB I would be shocked if your CP is above 5k right now unless you returned to game with a good chunk of plat and have the best luck on frags and already have a set bonus.

Your HFB scales alot with the eternal proc, that's typically why Assassin does better single target early on.

Thanks for the reply Maltie

Have changed the deadeye build & see an increase so thats cool, tried out a Sin & NB build but im finding myself super squishy in general.

Taking down the mobs quick enough I think but stopping for a pot after each one lol

EDIT: Didnt see your post Poshy an yeah my CP is pathetic
    Last edited by BaronVonBoom; 01-07-2018 at 05:50 PM.

Isp
    Shield of Telara

Taking down the mobs quick enough I think but stopping for a pot after each one lol
    Apply Vampiric Essense (https://rift.magelo.com/en/planar-attunement#pfS00M) to weapon and it should help.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Thanks for the reply Maltie

Have changed the deadeye build & see an increase so thats cool, tried out a Sin & NB build but im finding myself super squishy in general.

EDIT: Didnt see your post Poshy an yeah my CP is pathetic
    You will want different open world builds until better geared. Take a dps build and add 4 in tact for curative engine or throw together something with some riftstalker if you need more survivability.

Sin with leeching poison and tact curative engine are pretty strong early on but you will prolly want to change later with better gear because Sin is alot of single target dps and takes long with multiple mobs open world.

Rift Chaser

I'd suggest you skip dungeons until you're on that stage of the eternal quest. The 250 hit gear from the VP quests along with the crafted helm and bow should get you the hit to skip straight to TDez.

I'll second the motion of creating a soloing role with 4 btact for the self healing. Also, depending you are in your PAxp level, this little ability can make soloing easier.

https://rift.magelo.com/en/ability/1...ild-Overgrowth
    Last edited by Skiye; 01-08-2018 at 05:18 AM.

Thank you all for the comments its really appreciated

Will take some time to mess with some of the builds to slot in some extra heals an stuff, trying to grind as much PAxp while the bonus is in effect as well to grab those other abilities.

A little info added..

When you start gearing 70, your CP won't be high, assuming you don't have the high CP essences and/or Fragments.

for just running around for invasions, rifts, footholds.. you can mentor to 20 and run around in freemarch/silverwood.

Some events are rich in invasions, plane touched wilds, Night Terror in freemarch/silverwood, Exuvia in dendrome.

rifts.. the big idea is that you don't mentor for the first stages, till you get a stage with timer.. let the timer run out, mentor down and kill the mob in that stage. ( if it is a group of mobs, you can farm them, leave 2 alive, mentor down and kill the last 2) The ground rule for credits is, that you tag the rift and are mentored when it closes
    For rifts you can also run around in dunes of akala,the white stroke in shimmersand north of crystal haven. that is an area with quests for closing specific rifts, so tears are usually available there.

survivability when farming rifts, invasions and footholds while mentored.. get some high level healing pots, they should heal well when mentored below the level the pot is intended for.
    Selfheal from tactician if you have that soulpack, you can go for the above mentioned option. another option is MM58/tact18/ranger0. Keep legendary calculated shot + legendary razorbeast up for the boost on torrents/engines. curative core, curative engine.

Crafting rift lures.. any crafting profession 500 + level 70 gives an option for the crift workorder. Runecrafter is most likely the cheapest in materials, just accept/check/abandon all recipes available to you before deciding which one you'll do.

you get the workorder for that in alittu, the room on the groundfloor in the right corner behind the stairs. Use a bank/craft dimension on your shard to make the stuff, so you don't have to travel between tbay and alittu for the quests.. and leave a compliment for the provider for that public bank/craft/mail dimension ^^

regular crafting workorders in tempestbay for skill 451+ give a good amount of PA xp, to fill your planar attunement tiers.

Gear basics.
    helmet : crafted probably easiest to get
    ranged : crafted
    main/off hand.. weapon quest.
    focus : rift store planar defense force for dps or challenger marks for endurance/pvp
    seal : store or Xarth skull event vendor

non-hit gear.. anything drop, currency-bought in store or crafted.
    hit gear.. chest, legs, gloves and neck (the other 4 are the helmet, ranged and main/off hand) If you can, do faelight sparkles quest.. it ends on jan 11th, but worth the farm if you are starting out with gear.
    other hit gear.. instances. and/or vostigar veteran (300 hit) gear, (aspirant gear is 275 hit)

As for captured intel.. if you don't need the gear for a higher hit tier rightaway, save the intel up for the trinket from alittu vendor
    make sure you finish the storyline in vostigar, so you can open up the dailies/weeklies for raidrift and vostigar quests.. build up the rep.

essences : get a few basics in auction house cheap,
    fragments.. basically recycle all tier 5 and 6, or use them till you get better for the fragment slot (you can recycle a slotted fragment)

don't level the fragments up too high, As dps, you may gain one good thing from a tank based fragment, but miss out a lot on the other stats. tier 1 upgraded gives better numbers, tier 5/6 is not really worth the upgrades but only useful if you have no other frags for that slot.
    http://www.thegharstation.com/2016/1...a-brief-guide/

Runes are available for legs, main/off hand weapon(s) and seal.
    the shoulder runes are harvest skill runes (fishing, butchering, foraging, mining) and do nothing for your stats.
    Dream orbs can be used on helmet and belt.

You get a pack of 2 dream orbs through the reward calender.
    you get a rune unsocketeer through the reward calender

dream orbs and runes do not survive a gear upgrade, since upgrading gear is technically creating a new piece of gear. So use the visionary rune while upgrading gear and the prophetic for the last 1 or 2 stages of the upgrade.

You can check upgrade paths with alt+click the item and/or the displayed upgrade in the upgrade window

2k hit means 250 average per piece.
    for 2200, you will need 200 extra
    crafted bow is 300
    crafted helmet is 300
    eternal weapon start dagger for rogue is 275 hit

you can check the auction house for 275 hit neck piece.

vostigar veteran gear is 300 hit and costs 8k captured intel
    vostigar aspirant gear is 275 hit and costs 1k captured intel

the choice would then be if you want to spend captured intel on 1 or 2 pieces of gear and can get a 275 hit neck from auction house.

That way you can easily get to 2200 hit.
    Last edited by Aranka; 01-08-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Thank you very muchly for that Aranka

Putting all these bits of info together to try an sort myself out lol

Just wanted to say thanks again for all of the advice, its really helped & can already see some improvement with my toon.

Switching in tact for some healing, RFS in the deadeye build & vampiric essence have all helped loads & with that I finished all the Vostigar storylines & am now working on my eternal while upgrading fragments.

Still not taken the plunge even into a LFR but will do as soon as I bump into a kind soul lol

Cheers

Boom

+ Reply to Thread