+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Returning player looking for information

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Returning player looking for information

    As the title suggests, I was a dedicated raider in the vanilla version, but missed most of the content since the first expansion. This has always been one of my favorite MMORPGs, primarly due to the talent tree/root system. However, since hitting lvl 70, I've noticed information about the game is incredibly hard to come by without finding a friendly player to directly answer questions, so (hopefully) this is the right place to ask them. Most of the guides and forum posts assume a pre-existing knowledge of the game's current content, which doesn't do much for someone that wasn't playing when it was released.

    1) What is "TDez"?

    And not just "Tartaric Depths". Is it a specific version of the raid? How do you access it? Does it use the same entrance as the one on the map? I see people spamming for groups all the time. I've even managed to get into one, but being instantly ported inside twice while frantically trying to learn the fights didn't give me much information.

    2) Does everyone run 5-man experts like crazy people now?

    The handful of 5-man experts I've seen were basically watching the tank run past all of the trash mobs while hitting maybe half of them, and the group either wiping or suffering 2-3 deaths trying to AoE entirely too much trash in front of the boss or watching it all reset. I remember the jumping shortcuts from vanilla, but I'm hoping this isn't the current norm. If it is, can I learn these fights someway other than hoping it's OK to attack the giant group of mobs?

    3) What is the difference between Intrepid, LFR, Normal, "ez" (if that's anything other than a nickname), and other versions of raids? None of these existed when I played, and the only mention of them I can find is the patch notes saying they're released with no other context.

    4) I'm currently at 2250 hit rating. Any ELI5 advice on where I should be focusing my efforts,
    and what to do as a next step?

    I've looked at a few "what to do at 70" guides, but they all seem to suffer from the same lack of information and overuse of acronyms that would require me to already know about that content (in which case, why bother making a guide?). Please remember, I don't know most of the current acronyms or content types. Most of this didn't exist when I was playing, and none of the patch notes or google results are going to show player-made nicknames for content.

    Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long-winded post. I've spent at least 8 hours googling and scouring forums for most of this information, but most of my results require knowledge of the game that I just don't have.

  2. #2
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qunaal View Post
    1) What is "TDez"?

    And not just "Tartaric Depths". Is it a specific version of the raid? How do you access it? Does it use the same entrance as the one on the map? I see people spamming for groups all the time. I've even managed to get into one, but being instantly ported inside twice while frantically trying to learn the fights didn't give me much information.
    It is Tartaric Depths LFR (or easy mode). Join any group - a lot of people farming intel there now so it is very easy to find group or use Ctrl-I for LFR (Looking for raid) interface. TBH it is very hard to believe that 2250 hit player does not know about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qunaal View Post
    2) Does everyone run 5-man experts like crazy people now?

    The handful of 5-man experts I've seen were basically watching the tank run past all of the trash mobs while hitting maybe half of them, and the group either wiping or suffering 2-3 deaths trying to AoE entirely too much trash in front of the boss or watching it all reset. I remember the jumping shortcuts from vanilla, but I'm hoping this isn't the current norm. If it is, can I learn these fights someway other than hoping it's OK to attack the giant group of mobs?
    Right now most dedicated players finished that horrible 100 SPE grind but I guess it is still easy to find a group. And because this grind is horrible most people trying to do SPE as fast as possible and killing trash is a waste of time, it is faster to skip it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qunaal View Post
    3) What is the difference between Intrepid, LFR, Normal, "ez" (if that's anything other than a nickname), and other versions of raids? None of these existed when I played, and the only mention of them I can find is the patch notes saying they're released with no other context.
    Intrepid is rehashed old content, RotP is lvl 50 raid, IRotP is lvl 70 with almost no changes beside scaling hp & damage. Rift does not have many developers so they often reuse old content.
    LFR often called ez (easy) or em (easy mode). Normal is used for distinguishing from LFR.
    TD NM is T1 (normal mode), TD LFR is T0 (easy mode).

    Quote Originally Posted by Qunaal View Post
    4) I'm currently at 2250 hit rating. Any ELI5 advice on where I should be focusing my efforts,
    and what to do as a next step?
    If you don't have eternal weapon upgraded - do that - it will take you 5-10 months - depends on your dedication. You should have level 15 frags for all your roles. Raider should have a guild, guildies will tell you about next steps depends on your current gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qunaal View Post
    I've looked at a few "what to do at 70" guides, but they all seem to suffer from the same lack of information and overuse of acronyms that would require me to already know about that content (in which case, why bother making a guide?). Please remember, I don't know most of the current acronyms or content types. Most of this didn't exist when I was playing, and none of the patch notes or google results are going to show player-made nicknames for content.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ing-guide.html
    Last edited by Isp; 12-30-2017 at 04:33 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Thanks. I never saw the LFR queue pop up when we were running it, so I didn't make the connection.

    I'm not sure why you think my gear has anything to do with my knowledge of the game. You can easily reach 2250 hit by grinding VP events, Fae Yule rewards/shop, doing dailies (the story showed me where they were located), and buying items off the AH (the BiS spreadsheet in the mage forums helped with that).

    Thanks again for the link. I found a few "returning players" guides, but none of them contained information about the current content. That one at least seems to break it down for us lone wolves.

  4. #4
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qunaal View Post
    Thanks. I never saw the LFR queue pop up when we were running it, so I didn't make the connection.
    LFR tool was so broken when implemented so it was unusable, I think they fixed it later, but I don't think anybody uses this tool anyway. Just reply on any LFM TDe/ez/em chat messages if you want to join a group. Because currently groups often have couple of 1m+ dpses usually nobody cares about low dps people, but if you want to pull your own weight you should do at least 500k+ and as a raider you should be able to fulfill multiple different roles.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  5. #5
    Telaran Lanzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Has there been any whispers of streamlining the time sink for the Eternal Weapon Quest?

    Playing alts at high level is too much of a grind currently.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts