+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a "fun melee" Soul to play

Shadowlander

Default Looking for a "fun melee" Soul to play

Hello all,

I'm new to the game and so far have a 21 Overlord (Warlord/Champion). I'm looking for a "fun melee" Soul to play. So far at 21, not sure this is what I'm looking for. Seems a bit bland.

Any recommendations on a "fun melee" Soul to try out?

Thank you.

What is fun to you?

Shadowlander

Fair question. Something with variety. Something that uses more than 2 buttons. I don't PvP either.

I noticed one of the cleric classes (I think) was a melee class with a pet, but I'd think the pet would just get in the way?

Rift Chaser

If you want to mele as a warrior just go full paragon for soloing. When you get further along it has some self healing, does decent enough damage for open world stuff, and has some handy stuff like a run speed boost and a charge.

Rogue assassin is fun and offers alot of world utility if your willing to start another character.
    Last edited by Poshy; 12-10-2017 at 12:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Harbinger

Some may flame, but ive had a $&@? of a lot of fun running Harbinger. Been putting out respectable numbers in dungeons and IAs as well. Normally top three in big IA groups if not 1st. I wont be top on leader boards dont get me wrong, but its a blast.

Shadowlander

ok, I'm missing something here. I don't see Rogue Assassin or Harbringer. Is Rogue Assassin the same as Nightstalker?

Quote Originally Posted by Krelthor View Post
    ok, I'm missing something here. I don't see Rogue Assassin or Harbringer. Is Rogue Assassin the same as Nightstalker?
    The Nightstalker preset is Nightblade

Presets are bad, you don't have to use them
    Nixia@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Yeah presets aren't the best, I find it better to tinker with builds on your own. There are 2 melees with pets: Beastmaster in warrior which is a support that uses bleeds. Druid in cleric which is a DPS. In my opinion the pets don't really get in the way other than the ranged Beastmaster pet which hangs in your vision a bit. IF you want to try them out, I find them both enjoyable and neither are two button classes. Druid gives you four pet options (healer, tank, melee dps, ranged dps), Beastmaster gives you two (melee and ranged dps). If you'd rather have just a melee class with no pet, there's still a good amount of options. Bladedancer in Rogue, Harbinger in Mage (Storm Legion Soul Pack) and Champion in Warrior are AoE based, Assassin and Nightblade in rogue, Paragon and Warlord in warrior and Shaman in Cleric are more single target. Probably best to play around with it and see what you like. They have varying degrees of complexity.

Just as a tip if you reset one of your builds it automatically pops up the screen to pick a preset build. Just hit close and you can choose whatever souls you want, this can be confusing for new players since it seems like you have to pick a preset.

Soulwalker

Presets aren't that bad. It gives a player an idea of generally how that role plays. You can always tweak things by picking points yourself but honestly if you don't invest some time researching the different souls and how they work together and what points to invest in, you're really not going to perform as well as someone using the presets.

+ Reply to Thread