+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SonoMoenia

Thread: Returning Player from 2015

Default Returning Player from 2015

Hey guys, so I decided to re-visit RIFT after 2 long years of quitting the game. One thing that I noticed is that, there were players around me who are level 70.

It'll be helpful if someone can tell me how exactly can I access the new Zones to hit the level cap & if there any more Pay to play content added to the game and if they are necessary. (the last one I bought was Nightmare Tide 2 years ago). I'm also guessing there are brand new daily dungeons, raids obviously etc. Thanks!

Default There is so much

There have been a lot of new things sine you were last in RIFT. I suggest you find a friendly guild that can answer questions as you go along, but here's some info in response to your specific questions.

The new expansion is free. To access it, go to any porticulum and choose the Celestial Lands map. You should be able to teleport to Alittu. I believe you must be at least level 63 though. In Tempest Bay, to the left as you come out of the crafting area, there is a new hallway. If you go in there, General Batua has a little quest which is basically "go to Alittu", but it is not necessary to get to the new zone. There have been some new souls and other purchasable content, but none of it is needed to actually play.

Come back, dabble a bit, and find some fun folks to play with.
    See you in Telara, and across the planes!
    Last edited by SonoMoenia; 12-04-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoMoenia View Post
    There have been a lot of new things sine you were last in RIFT. I suggest you find a friendly guild that can answer questions as you go along, but here's some info in response to your specific questions.

The new expansion is free. To access it, go to any porticulum and choose the Celestial Lands map. You should be able to teleport to Alittu. I believe you must be at least level 63 though. In Tempest Bay, to the left as you come out of the crafting area, there is a new hallway. If you go in there, General Batua has a little quest which is basically "go to Alittu", but it is not necessary to get to the new zone. There have been some new souls and other purchasable content, but none of it is needed to actually play.

Come back, dabble a bit, and find some fun folks to play with.
    See you in Telara, and across the planes!
    Thanks! Yea, I managed to find my way to the Celestial Lands. Pretty cool I'd say. I'm just stopping myself from completing the quests till I get comfortable in playing my Warrior again, and then probably pop an EXP vial to rush to 70. Also the content that is purchasable is only for the Primalist yes?

The primalist pack is one of the extra options that can be bought to expand your game play. it is not necessary but it is a very powerful calling. Rogue also is doing well, and I think Mage is great just because it's my favorite. Clerics have a few things that are pretty good. Warriors are currently the most "unloved' in terms of balance and ability. But don't let that stop you from playing.

There are additional souls and souls packs that add more options to the various callings, but again, they are also not needed to play. They just expand or enhance game play to particular styles. I believe there were 3 different soul packs (with a soul for each calling) and a new soul just for mages.

Again, none of that is required for good, solid game play. Personally, if you're going to spend money on the game, my advice is always to get Patron (subscription). The passive bonuses are amazing.

+ Reply to Thread