+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat
  • 1 Post By Mrwidoes
  • 1 Post By Isp

Thread: Returning noob - daily routine advice?

Telaran

Default Returning noob - daily routine advice?

Well so far all of my queries for help and guidance have gone completely ignored so I'm not expecting much. Just recently returned, I have an old 55 cleric and I just leveled my old mage to 62. Ive started a primalist dervish and plan on playing that as my main. Basically I'm looking for some guidance as to what my daily/weekly routine should be. What gear should I be aiming for to be able to do endgame content. Since there's a lot of grinding to be done I'd like to maximize my time. There's so many quests and and so much conflicting info its overwhelming to a noob player who's not intimate with all the aspects of the game.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks for your time

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

At level 62 you could start off and do the Nightmare Tide Expansion, that's 60 to 65 content, then you move onto the current Expansion which is 65 to 70.

I guess your routine right now is to get to level 70, worry about gearing up then, bear in mind any gear you acquire up to level 65 from NT will be obsolete in a few quests into the new Expansion, standard gear reset, etc.

When you reach level 70 you will get a quest to obtain your Eternal weapon, which is best in slot until probably the end of the Expansion, it involves a nice, long chain quest so glad you said you know it's a grind.

You can also craft or get crafted for you a best in slot helm and a best in slot ranged weapon, for maximum effect you must also complete the storyline in the current level 70 zone Vostigar Peaks to unlock the dailies and weeklies you will be running for both Rep and currency to buy gear.

Rift Disciple

My comment on this thread should be the info you're looking for + a bit more info regarding macro and abbreviations.
    IA's (Instant Adventures) are by far the fastest way to level up.You can use these to level up to 65, then go to the 4.0 continent and start. The main story quests are always the fastest way to level up. If you don't have pots, I suggest doing side quests because you will end up finish the storyline quest and still not reach 70.

Here is a guide for prima leveling you can use, bit outdated but it still worked fine for me.
    Remember when Rift was:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

Telaran

Thank you both very much.

I appreciate the info. I'm glad. I was stressed that I would need to grind a bunch of gear before 70. In other games I play that's the standard. I wasn't looking forward to grinding gear that would go obsolete a week after I get it.

I have a good foundation to work with now.
    Edit:
    I do have the ascended trove on all my toons, troves of loyalty, and troves of boosts? It has all the red consumables (ie 160 /2hrs) I guess I should pop them for IAs? And are the chronicles worth doing for any reason? I can solo a couple of them and got some better gear for my current level but still seems pretty mediocre.
    Last edited by Liitke; 12-01-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

The chronicles atm wouldn't benefit you much aside from some extra plat. I'd suggest using the 160% xp pot running IA's. You only need to use the xp pot as the notoriety and token pots are better left for when you hit 70. When you hit 70 there is new currency/notoriety to be farmed, and those pots would be better used here. As the old currency/notoriety becomes obsolete.
    Remember when Rift was:

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Releasing T2 gear on the store today simply is not going to happen. Right now, that is the best gear in the game that you can earn. I'm not going to go against my very own definition of pay to win.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    The chronicles atm wouldn't benefit you much aside from some extra plat. I'd suggest using the 160% xp pot running IA's. You only need to use the xp pot as the notoriety and token pots are better left for when you hit 70. When you hit 70 there is new currency/notoriety to be farmed, and those pots would be better used here. As the old currency/notoriety becomes obsolete.
    +1 on this. IAs get very grindy after 65 however. Dont forget to grab your weekly IA quest as this will add a good chunk of xp as well. Ive added in the zone dailies in the celstial lands (latest expansion) and the story quests in the zones. Each one will get you 4-6 mil xp depending on if your a patron or not. Id recomend finding a guild to run with as well and get into some nightmare rift runs as well.

Kezuai leader of FANG
    Deepwood NA

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Thank you. I did not know this and did waste one each of the token/not pots but at least I have 4 more to save.

Telaran

I cannot find the weekly IA quest giver. The npc I remember getting it from previously (years ago) is no longer there. The IA npcs in tempest bay and sanctum offer no quests, just pops my ia dialog. I got my primalist to level 48 but finding it a rather boring playstyle so I brought my cleric up to 65. I just hit the new continent and I'm torn on which toon I want to grind out first. I really like playing harb on my mage but I feel the cleric is more versatile in the long run. I think I'm going to bring my primalist up to 60 then decide. My ascended trove has given me some decent stuff to start with and I've gotten a combined 3200 plat from grinding IAs. Still have a bunch of transcendent troves (boosts?) so I have a decent foundation to start with. Leveling the 3 different toons has given me some decent knowledge of the different playstyles so now I just need to decide who to focus on to bring to 70. Thanks for the help!

Edit;

Found weekly IA quest.

Also I have a ton of unstable planar caches from IA. I got s few planar stabilizers? (Key) frfrom minion quest rewards. Are these best saved to open at 70? Or does it not make a difference?
    Last edited by Liitke; 12-04-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liitke View Post
    Also I have a ton of unstable planar caches from IA. I got s few planar stabilizers? (Key) frfrom minion quest rewards. Are these best saved to open at 70? Or does it not make a difference?
    You are VERY lucky to have got free keys, but as far as I know planar caches max level is 65.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Liitke View Post
    Never open them, it was a cash grabbing scam. Currently almost everybody aware of it, but I guess you still can sell keys.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

+ Reply to Thread