+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roles and the Soul Tree

Soulwalker

Default Roles and the Soul Tree

Just starting the game and have a question about the Soul Tree. I picked Mage and Gravelord role. I see trees for Elementalist, Necromancer and Pyromancer. However, the game is automatically picking where I place my points and won't let me put them any where else. I want to play a Necromancer, so don't care to put points in the other 2 trees. But it's forcing me to put points in Elementalist. How can focus on one tree if I want to?

Thank you.

Elementalist has talents that help boost necromancer, hence why it is paired alongside it. As you level, Necromancer will get the majority of the points. The elementalist points early on will help make your core Necromancer abilities much more powerful, and help boost the damage your pets do.

Selecting secondary souls to boost your primary soul is a core feature of Rift's class system.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Creating multiple Roles with any 3 of the available souls for your class is one of the best features Rift has to offer. Simply go to the Roles page, create/purchase a new role, activate this role, close the class pre-sets and create your customized Necro spec. You can then toggle between your available roles by selecting and activating them. Hope that this helps.
    Last edited by MizzerMage; 11-29-2017 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Spelling

Soulwalker

That's interesting. I'm sure it'll make more sense over time. Thank you for explaining. I'll continue along the suggested route and see how it goes.

The curious part of so many options is what spell rotation to use, since different spells offer different bonuses or affect different other spells. Gotta find out what works best!

+ Reply to Thread