+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mrwidoes

Thread: Returning: Where Can I Find Info On: Setup Gameplay, Setup Roles, Etc...?

Soulwalker

Default Returning: Where Can I Find Info On: Setup Gameplay, Setup Roles, Etc...?

Greetings!

If anyone knows, would you please point me towards the info/posts I need, listed below?

1. General, SIMPLE, gameplay overview, for example:
    • Setting up action bars, macros, and hotkeys
    • Descriptions of what all the crazy abbreviations actually mean (e.g. what is BiS, prepulling, spamming, gcd?? I need a glossary!)

2. Simple, Step-by-step guide on setting up various Mage builds/roles:
    • Which skills to use from lvl 60 onward (and which to retire)
    • Setting up such skills in action bars most efficiently and effectively
    • Setting up macros for skills, buffs, etc.
    • How to toggle between skills with macros in raid vs pve situations
    • How to find the right types of equipment (armor, weaps, accessories, planar foci, etc.) fitting whatever mage builds I need, and where to find them in game (notoriety vendors? crafting?)

It may be a lot, idunno, but I've looked around for such info and it's either been too convoluted or too non-specific for me to make sense of the info.

Plus, for whatever reason, it seems there just aren't as many websites showing up for 'Rift' specifically these days...

Note: I especially appreciate any info that has images/illustrations (i.e. I can more quickly recognize the icon/image of a skill in the action bar than the name of that skill, so visual descriptions really help!) So, if instead of a verbal description of what skills to use in whichever action bar, a picture is available somewhere, that's what'll really help me!

Am grateful for any help you may offer! Thank you!

Soulwalker

Default Search bar is your friend

All the information you’ll need is right here in the forums. I returned after having played SL, and the first place i went was the forums. Its all here for the most part.

If you are looking for a guild, FANG on Deepwood is recruiting and we’ll be able to help you get your feet grounded.

Kezuai

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Maaheim View Post
    All the information you’ll need is right here in the forums. I returned after having played SL, and the first place i went was the forums. Its all here for the most part.

If you are looking for a guild, FANG on Deepwood is recruiting and we’ll be able to help you get your feet grounded.

Kezuai
    I appreciate the response! There is a lot of info here, for sure. Been having trouble getting through all the info I don't need to find the info I do need. It's like trying to find Waldo when everyone in the picture is dressed like Waldo... Know of anything specific? Like a beginner's guide to ...whatever, and where I can find such a thing?

Thank you

Plane Touched

Found these guides, some may be outdated, but you should get the idea as you progress in the game, such as abbreviations for new currency/raids/dungeons.

Abbreviations

Macro

Mage guides

StatWeights
    - you can use this addon to get a gauge as to what gear is an upgrade for you, it also tells you what's bis (Best in Slot) for Planar Fragments (balls of stats)

Here's a build you can use to level as a mage

For macro/ability layout, I keep the buttons I will press the most 1-5, as my fingers can easily reach them.

Your goal atm should be getting to level 70. Nothing matters until you get there.
    Once you hit 70:
    1. Pick up Eternal Quest from the guy sitting outside Allitu to the left.
    2. Go into Rift Store>Equipment>Accessories. (It will show you the cost of the Synergy Crystals) You will need to farm the currency/rep.
    3. Work on farming rep (Notoriety), PDF is from IA's, you'll get Mages pretty fast. Do the celestial quests. (The final quest of each story quest line becomes a daily once completed the first time, these reward decent plat and rep).
    4. Buy 250 hit gear from the AH (Helm, chest, gloves, legs, neck) these will get you to 2k hit so you can do experts, or if you're lucky get into the easiest raid designed for new players.
    5. Farm plat (always)
    6. Read up on a guide for Planar Fragments or use StatWeights.
    7. Try joining a guild, I know some a very helpful with getting new players raid ready. The guild I am in (Grayskull) myself, and others would be glad to help you. We recently helped another player get raid ready.
    8. Join CrossEvents (/join CrossEvents) Its a chat channel thats used by players across all shards to communicate. This is where you will get all the groups and activities.
    9. The best helmet and ranged weapon are crafted. They are very expensive though. You can ask someone in crossevents to link you the recipe for them.
    10. Crafting atm you want Artificer and Outfitter, these 2 provide the crafting mats you need, and these mats sell for a lot. All the others are used as well, Apothecary crafts raid consumables (Potions).

The best way to learn is just by playing too and reading. Once you get to 70 I suggest just going through each mage soul and reading each ability. To get a feel for what each soul has to offer. Warlock, pyro, ele, archon, chloro, and frostkeeper are the only souls you will want to focus on. The spreadsheet goes into more detail on what each soul does minus frostkeeper which is a st (shielding) healing soul.

Some useful addons you might like are, KBM, Roles, Minion Sender, Gadgets, KAlerts, Rift Meter, and Resource Tracker. All except for KBM can be found here. KBM can be found here There are many more addons that are useful, but I'll let you have the joy of finding them on the website just because these are what I use lol.

Pretty sure I forgot many things, but I hope this helps.

You can use https://discord.gg/dg3m6B to join the rift community discord more people can help from here too.

Theres also this you can read for more info on 4.0

Good luck and have fun
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 11-28-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Good luck and have fun

OMG Thank you so much!

Clearly you took some time to put all that together and I really appreciate the time and effort! If you think of anything else, feel free to let me know, and hopefully this will be useful to other players, too. :-)

+ Reply to Thread