+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro Help

Question Macro Help

Hi people,

I've played mmorpg's before so I know how to use Macros my problem on RIFT is that they don't seen to work.

I add a macro and when I click it, it does the first cast and then stops and comes up with Requirements not met. I don't know what causing it and I've tried on both my Cleric and Mage (with different macros).

At the moment I'm trying to get my Cleric one to work which is this.

cast Vex
    cast Lightning Hammer
    cast Fervent Strike
    cast Crushing Blow

If anyone could help or point out what i'm doing wrong please.

Champion

Those are all instant abilities with no cooldown. Rift macros will always try to cast the first thing on the list. It only moves to the next ability if the first one is either on cooldown or it's a melee range ability and you are too far away, then it will try to cast the next thing without a cooldown or the next thing that is a ranged ability.

Here are a couple of sites that explain some of the basics of how macros work in Rift.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen...ide_to_macros/

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical...cro-guide.html

Things may have changed (ie, specific emotes etc, but I think the basic principles are still sound).
    Last edited by Leocadia; 11-14-2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: English is hard

Thank you so much for the information, is there any way to cast all the instant abilities. Maybe using something like a wait command?

Telaran

Not unless each instant ability has a cd or they are ogcd. If those abilities are spamable then you cant macro more than one. Theres no wait command.
    Nix is nice

@Mrwidoes

Thanks, It was worth a try, at least I know it's something I'm not doing wrong I will just have to try different macros.

Soulwalker

Rift Makros are no sequence makros, they are only priority makros.

evry button press only activates one skill (the first usable skill), not all skills in the makro.

+ Reply to Thread