+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best dps class?

Rift Disciple

Default Best dps class?

Came back after 6 years and been messing around with each class at level 50, seems like the damage is very low and fighting npc’s is slow.
    I have all blue gear from 6 years ago and at the time it was pretty good gear.
    I just want to burn down single target or a class that can herd a bunch of mobs and chip away “something tough that may have a heal?” Any advice?

Mage or cleric great for soloing not so good endgame tho if you plan on raiding
    Lucith - Lucyith - Luciss
    Deepwood - Guardians
    <Valkyrian Descent>

You didn't mention where you have been fighting mobs but if you go to either of the Storm Legion zones (Brevane or Dusken) there are introductory quests there that will give you new armor that should be better than the blues from vanilla Rift. Each expansion there has been a jump in stats both in terms of mobs and gear.

Using Storm Legion gear any of the classes should be viable in questing. If you haven't traveled to Storm Legion zones yet talk to the Lycini Ambassador near the portal in your home city--either Sanctum or Meridian.
    Last edited by Ellekat; 10-03-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    ~Dimensions on Greybriar~

Elle's Conservatory (Elleynne)
    Elle's Swiss Chalet (Elletrix)

Best DPS classes so far are primalist and rogue by a wide margin.
    Lowest is mage.
    Most classes have good survival specs for leveling and soloing. You can level with a pet spec (tank pet) or use an hybrid with the healing skills of each calling.
    If you only use base non paying souls, you can do great with some rogue, war or cleric specs.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, ŕ la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Rift Disciple

Thank you very much guys. Yes it looks like riftRogues, seems like most are rogues. Im almost level 60 now yay me!! I've been playing my rogue and like it alot. I went MarksMen.

If anyone wants to friend me in game it would be cool! I'm on greybriar and my characters name is Chelari. Forgot how much I love this game.

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ginokid View Post
    Thank you very much guys. Yes it looks like riftRogues, seems like most are rogues. Im almost level 60 now yay me!! I've been playing my rogue and like it alot. I went MarksMen.

If anyone wants to friend me in game it would be cool! I'm on greybriar and my characters name is Chelari. Forgot how much I love this game.
    FYI: Marksman is a low dps spec atm
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Hey there. I’m in the same boat as you. Been back about 6 weeks now and loving it. I too went with my level 50 rogue but I chose to go with the preset ranger build. Loved it. When I entered the newest content the game completely changed. The stat increase in gear is huge and my ranger spec just wasn’t cutting it. Ended up going with a nb build but later finding sin was my fave for soloing. Keep in mind things are gonna make a big change for you later on.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ginokid View Post

If you like marksman it's good just enjoy it while soloing.
    For raiding Marksman is the weakest ranged dps spec across all classes. Only dps soul that's worse is Ranger, which is also a rogue soul.

So if you want to raid and actually do good dps, I suggest picking up one of the Nightblade specs.

edit: assassinsab would do little better until you get to eternal weapon 6.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 10-08-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    For raiding Marksman is the weakest ranged dps spec across all classes.
    Single damage cabalist is the weakest. Runenoracle does 25% more single dps.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sing View Post
    Single damage cabalist is the weakest. Runenoracle does 25% more single dps.
    Sure yes Cablist is totally a single target spec.
    /sigh

Yes I guess Stormcaller is worser than Cab as well... /sigh
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 10-08-2017 at 11:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread