+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mrwidoes

Thread: Returning Player - Few Questions

Default Returning Player - Few Questions

Hey folks

Just been dabbling with Rift again the past few days & before I slap anymore money down just wanted to ask a couple of questions if possible

Latest/current soul pack? Is it Ascended or Primal? & if so which one would give the most bang for the buck? I see the Primal ones are currently discounted so im tempted to just grab those.

With regards to end game gearing is it tied heavily to the cash shop as its what i seem to be gathering from various posts?

Also have tried asking a few questions in game but no luck, are there any new chat channels that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your time

PS: Really loving the polish & performance upgrades the game seems to have gotten, its looking very sweet

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonBoom View Post
    Hey folks

Just been dabbling with Rift again the past few days & before I slap anymore money down just wanted to ask a couple of questions if possible

Latest/current soul pack? Is it Ascended or Primal? & if so which one would give the most bang for the buck? I see the Primal ones are currently discounted so im tempted to just grab those.

With regards to end game gearing is it tied heavily to the cash shop as its what i seem to be gathering from various posts?

Also have tried asking a few questions in game but no luck, are there any new chat channels that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your time

PS: Really loving the polish & performance upgrades the game seems to have gotten, its looking very sweet

1. The ascended soul pack is the latest one. The primal pack unlocks the new class, Primalist. However, you do not get the souls from the ascended soul pack, don't quote me on this. Games downs so I can't confirm this. The Ascended Essentials Pack is the one that will grant you access to Primalist and every soul available in the game, with extra goodies.

2. End game content does not require much real life currency to be spent. The best helm/ranged in the game can be crafted. The best weapon in the game is obtained through a quest line. It will take you 16 weeks to get the final upgrade, but the second last upgrade can be achieved within a months time.

Gear is obtained through raids or buying via raid currency, no pay wall there.

Planar Fragments are new, they are basically balls of stat. It requires plat, planerite and something else to upgrade the. Planartie and the other currency and very easily obtained. There are 15 levels and I believe 11 slots, and it will take over 3.5k plat if your rng is bad to upgrade one. One of the annoying things in my opinion.

Gear that drops up until T1 raiding is personal. this includes dungeons. Meaning everyone in the group will receive the loot once the encounter is finished. The only downside to this is, you get two free chances at receiving loot. After the two free chances, you have to use Individual Reward Charges. Non-patrons get about 4 per week, and patrons get 10 per week. You can also buy these from the store, or have them drop from weekly/daily rewards within the game from the Rift Store. T1 raiding is the same as in the past, gear drops only 1-2 players will get it.

3. Crossevents@Greybrair , I believe it is @Greybriar that you can use for selling, buying, looking for groups/players for content. Discord is being used considerably now as well as a platfrom to communicate with devs.

4. There are spreadsheets players have created that house a lot of info from specs, guides, to gear and much more for the different classes. I believe Mage and Warrior are the only two that have them currently. However, I believe more will surface.

Youre a star tyvm

+ Reply to Thread