+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Player and Extremely Confused (HELP!) Long Post

Default Returning Player and Extremely Confused (HELP!) Long Post

I am trying to figure out which items I need to be current. Unfortunately it is not as easy as to just purchase the Ascended Essentials Pack since I already have some of what is included in it.

Let me give a little history of my time in RIFT as well as what I've learned in the past couple of days.

I started with RIFT at it's launch in 2011.
    I upgraded to the Digital Collector's Edition in May of 2011.
    I purchased the Ashes of History Upgrade in January of 2012.

I stopped playing around mid-2012.

I returned in mid-2013. During this time I purchased the Storm Legion Souls.

Because of my original game purchase I had access to 5 bag slots on all new characters as well as 6 character slots per server. Over the course of the following few months I purchased 6 more character slots for a total of 12 along with various other QoL slot type items.

I stopped playing again and returned briefly mid-2014. I mostly focused on character items and not account items at this time.

Now here we are in 2017. Life is more settled and I wanted to try RIFT again. I planned to in May but had to have surgery so that didn't happen.

Currently I have a return package, the Dream Again Pack which included a 30 Day Patron Pass and the Dream Soul Pack (which I came to find out was the Nightmare Tide souls.)

Through my research it seems I only need the Primalist Calling Pack and the Ascended Soul Pack to be current. I am not sure if I need to purchase a game Expansion. I don't see the 4.0-4.2 Expansion listed on the store. But what I do see is the Ascended Essentials Pack. And herein lies my dilemma.

I only need half of the Souls and the Primalist Calling in the Ascended Essentials Pack. It states it also comes with 6 character slots per server (I've already purchased up through 12 slots) and Bag Slots 4 and 5 account wide (I already have those as well.)

While this may seem like a no-brainer to just purchases the 2 soul packs that I need, I have come to find while looking around in-game that there is a SPECIAL BANK TAB as well as an ACCOUNT WIDE BAG SLOT which can only be unlocked through the purchase of the Ascended Essentials Pack.

So my questions are these:

1) If I purchase the Ascended Soul Pack (not Ascended Essentials Pack) with the Primalist Calling Pack, will it still unlock the Special Bank Slot and the Account Bag Slot (the one with the R on it)? It's not listed anywhere except in-game when you hover on the slot locks.

2) Do I need to purchase an expansion and if so, how? I don't see it listed in the online store. But I did see the Ascended Essentials Pack listed in the Expansion section of the in-game store.

I've spent 2 days researching as much as I could to figure out where I left off and where I need to go from here but some things aren't clear. And the reason I ask is because there is a big difference in pricing. So at this point I bring my questions here and I hope I can get some clear answers.

Thank you in advance for any help in this and I applaud you for taking the time to read through such a lengthy post.
    Last edited by ShardUp; 09-01-2017 at 07:58 AM.

ive only got 2 mins at the PC so cant type a reply worthy of your question, but just wanted to point out that the special bag slot with the R on it is not available with any of the pack currently on sale. a lot of people have bought packs recently believing they would open this final bag and been left diapointed, so didnt want that to happen to you.
    hope someone can come give you some proper advice soon

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShardUp View Post
    I
    2) Do I need to purchase an expansion and if so, how? I don't see it listed in the online store
    No need to buy any Expansion, they made the current one, Prophecy of Ahnket (the Expansion formely known as Starfall Prophecy) free for everyone a few weeks back.

So it seems you might just be missing a soul pack or two to get you everything the game has to offer.

Thumbs up

I thank you both for your input. I now know that the regular soul packs will not give the items that are listed with the Ascended Essentials Pack nor that I need to purchase an Expansion to be current.

I do hope they add the special bank slot and the R bag slot, both of which are account accessible items, to either a future expansion or a future pack that isn't an all inclusive pack of items and souls people already have.

Again, thank you!

+ Reply to Thread