+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dimensions?

Soulwalker

Default Dimensions?

Returned after really long absence! (why did I ever leave, nice game Anyway, here I am with this blue icon in my inventory which says "Drag and drop this item from your inventory to the ground in your dimension for Gartyn to appear"

I can try to drag with whatever finger or toe etc I try, the item is unmovable! let alone have anybody appear
    I guessed it is an area I chose for my house or something but running around all over, nothing worked.

I have so many stuff for my 'dimension' that my bags are packed and I am considering throwing it all out since I am very far away still from any bank.

So, under search for 'dimension' all the replies are really for ppl who already have a so called dimension. I have not dimension yet. How to I get one.........?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Possumdownunder View Post
    Returned after really long absence! (why did I ever leave, nice game Anyway, here I am with this blue icon in my inventory which says "Drag and drop this item from your inventory to the ground in your dimension for Gartyn to appear"

I can try to drag with whatever finger or toe etc I try, the item is unmovable! let alone have anybody appear
    I guessed it is an area I chose for my house or something but running around all over, nothing worked.

I have so many stuff for my 'dimension' that my bags are packed and I am considering throwing it all out since I am very far away still from any bank.

So, under search for 'dimension' all the replies are really for ppl who already have a so called dimension. I have not dimension yet. How to I get one.........?

Did you play around with the buttons on the dimension bar? One of them allows you to pick up a item. As for the dimension keys, there are many ways to get them such as holiday events, dimension adventures, guild members, auction house, or Dreamweaver.

Right now, the Summerfest event is running, they have three dimension keys. Check it out in RIFT store, press ] (Sounds like you're in low levels, so Sanctum or Meridian is the place for you to do Summerfest quests).
    Nereius@Faeblight

Shield of Telara

hey now THIS you could have posted in the dimensions forum

you can't drop gartyn in the open world, you have to be in your personal dimension for this! You should have gotten a key from the quest giver that you need to use, then you'll see your dimension under "dimensions" - dunno which key that is for non-germans, but you can find that section in one of the bottom left tabs too (social, I think). open the dimension window, if no dimension is active, activate one from the inactive keys, then enter. there you can do your quest.

hope that helps!
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre, "A Dragon's Treasure" by Luisa and "Vogelzug" by Jaodya

Let us know what server you are on, any of us might be able to help with bags which you will need especially if you plan to do dimensions.

Shortcut to seeing the UI for dimensions is [ (next to P button.)

Also on every server are many dimensions accepting and giving away free items. Type the word free when searching for dimensions on the [ UI or "Take a Penny Leave a Penny" set up as a take something and leave something community project. You could drop items off their also.

Hi!

Besides everything that others have already posted above, I can also recommend Dimension Gallery YT channel run by the amazing Nouvae, starting - since you're a beginner - with this video and after that you can just navigate your way to the next one about the UI settings. You can also check out her guides for beginners on DG website.

There is also a dimension database for when you need to know where to get a certain item (and more!) by Kitasia, and lots of more advanced guides'n'stuffs on the DTC.

It might seem a bit overwhelming at first, and there are more dedicated resources out there to explore, but it really does help a lot if you enjoy your first steps in building and decide to spend more time doing it.
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

+ Reply to Thread