+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KlaisV
  • 2 Post By ThatTomGuy

Thread: Just can't see my way to do it again

Default Just can't see my way to do it again

Well, I've been back to the game now about a month, pretty much grinding solo, as the old guild I was in last time I left has gone like most in rift now. There are empty zones, in pretty much all the newer one's I've gone to, maybe see a few peeps running around, none to do rifts, none to grp and take down the harder mobs now at 63, the class forums is confusing as hell, due to most builds are filled with L 65 to 70 builds and none explain what to do in a lead up to said 65, population is crap, joined a couple guilds on 2 of my toons and it's pretty much a waste of my time, no one in them ask the new guy hey lets help you get to the high levels so we can build a raiding force, or a solid grp, nothing. Was thinking about investing some money on the packs and what not in order to move things along, but at this point, I simply can't see my way to throw good money out the door. I'll keep playing, but just off and on till I get bored with it all. Solo grinding sucks, we all know it, even if we all have done it, but it seems the community is more interested in the L 70 play then anyone returning and perhaps adding to the dwindling population count... to bad to, Rift had such good potential. With all they added in the last 2 to 3 years I was away, I don't have the time to mull over every post and try to make sense of the confusion, and it doesn't seem there is going to be much help from what little is left playing the game... I'm not starting out at rock bottom here, most of my toons are L 60's, have gotten my cleric to 63, but not sure how much more I'll be willing to grind out solo to even hit 65, much less 70.....just figured to let a few know, I would have spent some cash IF things were looking better, but not at this point and time.
    Ok, so flame me out as "one of those players" now, I am simply stating the obvious to those of us returning to the game..

Soulwalker

I wouldn't do it again. the game is even further diminished than it was and it was in an already reckt existence.
    Last edited by KlaisV; 01-23-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    Well, I've been back to the game now about a month, pretty much grinding solo, as the old guild I was in last time I left has gone like most in rift now. There are empty zones, in pretty much all the newer one's I've gone to, maybe see a few peeps running around, none to do rifts, none to grp and take down the harder mobs now at 63, the class forums is confusing as hell, due to most builds are filled with L 65 to 70 builds and none explain what to do in a lead up to said 65, population is crap, joined a couple guilds on 2 of my toons and it's pretty much a waste of my time, no one in them ask the new guy hey lets help you get to the high levels so we can build a raiding force, or a solid grp, nothing. Was thinking about investing some money on the packs and what not in order to move things along, but at this point, I simply can't see my way to throw good money out the door. I'll keep playing, but just off and on till I get bored with it all. Solo grinding sucks, we all know it, even if we all have done it, but it seems the community is more interested in the L 70 play then anyone returning and perhaps adding to the dwindling population count... to bad to, Rift had such good potential. With all they added in the last 2 to 3 years I was away, I don't have the time to mull over every post and try to make sense of the confusion, and it doesn't seem there is going to be much help from what little is left playing the game... I'm not starting out at rock bottom here, most of my toons are L 60's, have gotten my cleric to 63, but not sure how much more I'll be willing to grind out solo to even hit 65, much less 70.....just figured to let a few know, I would have spent some cash IF things were looking better, but not at this point and time.
    Ok, so flame me out as "one of those players" now, I am simply stating the obvious to those of us returning to the game..
    1. 60-65 is an expansion behind. most of those zones are empty because everone is doing the 65-70 and 70 stuff.
    2. Guilds arent here to make you 70 now. Never have been. While i may help my guildies, it is my choice to help or not. I dont grind plat for patron just to help every new addition to the guild.
    3. Try asking said guild for pointers vs powerleveling or runs or etc.
    4. Try asking in open world channels some questions about roles, skills, spells, etc. Many people will answer.

I came back after a 2 year break, had it mostly figured out after a couple days between google, the forums, and other players.

Cant just expect it all to be given to you on a platter with dessert to boot

Like someone alluded to earlier, the 60-65 stuff is going to be pretty barren, but its like this in most games. The majority of players will be in the current expansion unless grinding up an alt or something, but Rift only has 5 callings. This means a lot of players already had lvl 65 alts.

The good news is the 60 to 65 stuff should be a pretty fast grind. What specifically are you having issues with build wise? If you let us know what you're playing, we can get you a decent build to level and solo with for sure. =)
    Are you a player looking for class guides and other Rift content?
    ChamberDown Youtube Channel

Are you a new/returning player? Check out all the souls in Rift!
    All Callings/Souls in Rift!

+ Reply to Thread