+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Lelouch Vi Britannia
  • 1 Post By Alatarv

Thread: Free players vs patrons

Soulwalker

Default Free players vs patrons

Hi, What will be the difference between payed and free player?
    Can i as a free player get pvp gear as good as payed player?
    I would like to focus mainly on PvP aspect of this game, so on why i ask this kind of question, will i be able to be at this same gear power level for pvp as a payed player?
    Last edited by obik92; 06-24-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Pretty much really no difference between em on the pvp aspect,
    but that aside, pvp is ever shrinking in Rift, specially since devs dont give it any love and just be like "meh Rift isnt PvP centric so why bother" and shrug any pvp discussions off and be like "if you want PvP go play other games"

So yeh pretty much if you want pvp go play something else is what they say.

Anyhow, you said patron on title but "payed player" in the text context which leaves me wondering if you got the latest expansion or nah.
    the level cap and legendary abilities sure do make quite a difference if you are f2p and dont have the xpac,

Aside from the xpac, but you mentioned patron vs f2p so that is a different topic. The only difference is the bonus warfront charges you get per week. Patrons get 3 extra a week and I think patrons get a bump in favor earned as well.

Soulwalker

So how much it will cost me if i will deside to buy expansion for higher level cap/additional effects on skills?

Just a fun fact regarding patron and f2p.

The last time they made an adjustment to the differences between the two; instead of adding perks to patron, they simply took things away from f2p.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

The current Expansion is on sale for 19.99, i assume it's probably the same in $ ?

You can find all current packs here, there's a Summer sale on them right now and also on Steam.

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39120/RIFT/

Im going to assume here, the essentials pack is what is needed first. The newer zone expansion is for after one decides it worth coming back and staying in a dying game. Not that I want that, I played rift from launch, but with the end game as it was and guild moving onto SWOTOR or WOW, I was left pretty much solo and went on to other things. I came back about 2 years back and am playing I assume what is SL, as I'm in a water world type place, I have no idea what, or where I was when I left last time...I guess I will give this another go and see, I do know builds are all crap against the higher mobs and I pretty much die fast if I screw up and accidently pull more then 2, had to ask in global for help with that quest aboard that ship to inspect some item, with 4 L 61's standing on it...I would like to know if the pack and a better build, rotation and macro setup will make a difference getting leveed up...ok that's my rant, just hate not understanding wth I am supposed to be doing.

Soulwalker

Hello Rift community!

I wast to ask you about inventory slots. Is there are way to unlock new inventory slots except of buying it for real money??

Soulwalker

Default free vs patrons?

you get less charges awarded per week, way round it, work up multiple high levels. play 1 per week.
    brevanic options teleport from any where, and guild and personal bank options. mail box options at any time.
    that is about the main boosts on patron.
    xp and credit boost? already a 70 no need for xp .
    credits? you can farm them in multiple ways.
    auction house ? pay to gain access .
    there is very little incentive too pay until a new expansion comes through, and then? they give it away free too every one at a later date.
    trion need too take care of premium, paying patrons better, or think up how too compensate them for paying .
    no patron? no game.
    even the free too play can buy rex, which still means trion gets money, as some one had to buy the rex.
    compensate those who support you through patron when you make the game f2p or give discounts on soul packs and bundles.

Telaran

There is no method to award patrons more while crippling F2P so much. Imo they should add more stuff to loyalty ties (even retroactively) or make more tiers - less penalizing loyalty needed - unless for last 2 maybe.

When I buy patron its mostly due to the currency boosts. 40 % more ethereal shards is Nice. Its also Nice to accunulate planarite 40 % faster since its such a time sink as it is doing boring stuff.

In NMT I were excited about the sparkles quest and I would be it this time around as well if it wasnt a half tier behind. IRotP gear would be a real incentive. The slim chance of getting a missing piece from TD not so much.

This time around im actually considering buying a REX instead of patron which I havent even considered before. But then the fragments and stuff costs so very much plat to upgrade..
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

For me, patron is about the little stuff.
    • Faster mount speed and harder to dismount.
    • No soul damage on death.
    • Perks like teleporter, mailbox, bank anywhere.
    • Weekly reward crate that contains a nice item when leveling up or early gearing.
    • Affinity points that you can buy nice mounts with and also buy rep items to skip grind.
    • More open bag slots.
    I think the game can be played perfectly well without a patron account, but I just like the perks. You still have to pay for premium souls, classes, and expansions even when you HAVE a patron account. I have the every three month (I think) plan so it's $13 a month or something like that. I spend more than that buying lattes each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatarv View Post
    For me, patron is about the little stuff.
    • Faster mount speed and harder to dismount.
    • No soul damage on death.
    • Perks like teleporter, mailbox, bank anywhere.
    • Weekly reward crate that contains a nice item when leveling up or early gearing.
    • Affinity points that you can buy nice mounts with and also buy rep items to skip grind.
    • More open bag slots.
    I think the game can be played perfectly well without a patron account, but I just like the perks. You still have to pay for premium souls, classes, and expansions even when you HAVE a patron account. I have the every three month (I think) plan so it's $13 a month or something like that. I spend more than that buying lattes each week.
    I love all these things, I let my patron expire once since max level but I got so annoyed I re upped pretty quick. The bonus charges are awesome also, IRC plus extra dungeon charges all that stuff is much more convenient to have.

+ Reply to Thread