+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are some essentials?

Soulwalker

Default What are some essentials?

Hi, although I've put in a decent amount of hours into rift being around 200 now. All I've really done is hit level 10 through quests then from there instant-action to level 43 on a warrior and barely any quests after that. What are some *MUST DO* things i should do or items to get that drop from certain places or quest rewards or exp farms things like that? Also I should mention, I have no dlc for rift yet.
    Last edited by Axtonious; 06-13-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Leveling through IA isnt that bad until lvl 65. I would highly recommend going through the storyline and other quests starting in Alittu when you reach 65(this does require purchasing the xpac if you missed out on the free weekend). Other than that skipping the quests in the other areas really isnt a big deal but I would recommend going through the zones and unlocking all the ports, you will want these later.

Soulwalker

thanks for the help

Most of the gear you get along the way to 65 will eventually be discarded once you get to the most recent tier of content at 65+. So get to 64/65 then start doing the new content. It will be hard in the beginning, as the new zones are far harder to do in crappy gear, but within an hour you should have a mix of greens and blues to get you going just fine: even better if you opted to start crafting your own gear, which is better than dropped in-game stuff.

EDIT: Consider doing some random dungeons as well. XP is fairly good (too good I say, if you're trying to level and learn), and the instances are fairly straightforward until you start doing level 50+ instances (Storm Legion). The folks doing pre-SL randoms are generally friendly and flexible.
    Last edited by Phelim on the Moor; 06-17-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

+ Reply to Thread