+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old player, returned and got a patron trial?

Default Old player, returned and got a patron trial?

I registered and started playing Rift with my girlfriend a couple years ago (before Nightmare Tide). Due to family problems, I was unable to play for quite some time. Upon returning recently and creating a new character (pictured in avatar), I seen I had some new stuff. One of the items was a patron trial, which I claimed. Strange I get a patron demo despite not playing rift in nearly 2 years.

Question is. Why? Promotion or something?

OT: Love how the wardrobe system is now!

Yes, various "win-back" goodies are given out sometimes

I see... That is kind of what i suspected. I was originally afraid to claim it thinking it may have been a bogus item.

Thanks.

Telaran

How much patron they gave you?

They gave me 30 days. I haven't played in a week though. Still in stonefield. Not a fan of stonefield.

The captcha is annoying, especially since the forum account is tied to my glyph account. Like I'm a bot. Then again I have a hard time reading the stupid things half the time.

Telaran

Yeah they only gave that to certain accounts.I asked for it and they say i do not qualify although they refuse to say what are the conditions.

Another reason to hate trion and wish them bankruptcy.

it's rng and it is a gift.. don't hate trion for not celebrating your birthday

Telaran

It is not Rng, they purposely give them out to selected accounts. so if they have no love for me, i have none for them.

they give them out to players who have not logged into the game for a long time... rng amongst those players...

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    they give them out to players who have not logged into the game for a long time... rng amongst those players...
    I would be surprised if past purchase totals do not factor into the equation as well. They're trying to get people back with a demonstrated willingness to pay money; not give a free month's sub to someone who has successfully played the game for years without paying a dime.
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Soulwalker

I last played in 2015. Do I need to buy the Essentials packs, or just the Ankhet expansion to get access to all the current locales and options?

+ Reply to Thread