+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning player of the original release

Soulwalker

Default Returning player of the original release

Hey, I'm thinking of giving the game another shot, because I actually enjoyed it very much around beta and the original release.

I got a full raid equiped level 50 Cleric still sitting on the American servers.

First question I'd like to ask:
    I don't even recall why exactly I decided to go on the NA servers when I initially started, but with growing older and wiser, I also learned that latency is incredibly important.
    Getting 175 on NA, 35 on EU.
    But I do however get the feeling the American servers are quite a bit more populated and even in public chats, it seems like majority of the people are European.
    Are all Europeans migrated to American servers and are the European server generally a lot less populated? I'd like to know so I can decide which region I'll play on, I wouldn't wanna go for lower latency when it's a complete ghost-world.

The endgame dungeons, raids and pvp, is it balanced and fun?
    Compared to how it was during the original level 50 cap, is it better, worse or about the same?

General class balance, has it improved?
    Originally there were some classes and/or soul combinations that had huge advantages over others, making some of them quite pointless to play.

This level cap thing, help me understand, when you play the game as is, you can get up to level 65 from what I understand, or is there something you need to unlock to be able to get to 65 too? And up to level 70 by buying the expansion? And it's only available through real money, right?
    When you unlock level 70, all other content is available/unlocked, right? or are there still other things that need to be bought/unlocked individually?
    And from what I understand, Patron only offers progression speed and stuff, no actual gameplay related advantages?

Sorry for the wall of text, I realized as I finished this that it's a lot to read ... lol
    Thanks in advance.

> But I do however get the feeling the American servers are quite a bit more populated and even in public chats, it seems like majority of the people are European.

At 2 AM server time? Yup.

EU has always been less populous, but I can't speak to how ghosty it is as I don't play there.

> General class balance, has it improved?
    > Originally there were some classes and/or soul combinations that had huge advantages over others, making some of them quite pointless to play.

There always are overperforming specs and there always will be. Class balance is one of Trion's goals, but it's extremely complicated, and it takes a long time.

> This level cap thing
    All content level up to level 65 is free. Some souls are not free. If you buy Starfall, you get access to all level 65-70 content. You can buy Starfall with real money, credits (= plat if you level up and farm a lot), or affinity (= time + patron = cash).

> And from what I understand, Patron only offers progression speed and stuff, no actual gameplay related advantages?
    Here are the benefits: http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/store/#become-patron

+ Reply to Thread