+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By WildKatt

Thread: coming back

Default coming back

its been a long while since ive played rift. i have a level 65 rogue. i have no idea where to even start. are there any active servers?

hey, since no one else has responded, I will

I have been applying this game on and off since Beta in 2010? 2011? i dont remember, anyways point being , welcome back to the game.

If you are 65 and planning to get to 70 then make sure to get your starfall prophecy expansion code. I am not sure if you can still get it for free, idk if that was a temp thing or not. If you are a paying subscriber you can get it for Affinity points from the cash shop under the Affinity rewards tab, its like 450 or something.

If neither are available you will need ot buy the most recent expansion to progress to 70. As far as servers, I have not really noticed a huge difference on any server, i just know Seastone is the only pvp server and also quite dead :P

I myself have played on Faeblight which appears to be most populated, Greybriar which was once also very populated and still seems to be fine, and Deepwood which is also fine.

I honestly would find a guild and just go to whatever server they are on.

-------

Once you have access to starfall prophecy though you will get(or find) a quest in Tempest Bay near the crafting section that will take you through a portal and off you go.
    Nitelyte | Preserver | Greybriar

I was wondering the very same. Thanks bud.

Plane Touched

Default Doesn't matter the server really...

Hey Hailstrom- welcome back. There is a thing Trion calls "load balancing" (which is in reality load aggregation) that tosses all people logging in onto the same server. If you picked a server- as in my case- Hailol- that is not particularly populated- you will land on whatever server the game puts you on at logon. Just pick a server a guild you like is associated with and do not worry about which one it is. You can server hop with ease.

Andracleric is right. Shard only matters for guild membership now. Now that shard hopping is a thing, you are logged in to the busiest shard each time you enter the game. So it always "feels" busy to you. The downside to that is if you need some shard awareness. There are addons that show you the current shard and those are useful.

All things considered, I like the way shards work now. If I don't touch it, I end up on the busiest shard when I login and that means I see people. If I'm in a zone and an event starts that I don't want to deal with right now, I can hop away. If I'm trying to get a quest done and can't find the mob up, I can shard hop until I see it.

Also, don't forget that you can transfer a character between shards, for free, once each week. So if you make a character on Deepwood, for example, and find a guild on Faeblight, you can easily move over to join them.

I am back too to see what the new patch brings
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Welcome back everyone! I'm more than happy to see how many people return and much the community is growing again since 4.1 & 4.2 dropped!
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | Heroes of Telara Discord | Extra Life 2017

>>> MONTHLY RIFT GIVEAWAYS <<<

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

I am returning again too. I have a lvl 50 Marksman / Bladedancer Rogue. I also have to figure out where i should go for questing. More into doing the solo route for now to get used to playing again. Not big on doing raids or pvp either. My problem is xp seems to coming really slowly for me in this game. Then i get bored.
    Last edited by Shaikura; 07-25-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikura View Post
    I am returning again too. I have a lvl 50 Marksman / Bladedancer Rogue. I also have to figure out where i should go for questing. More into doing the solo route for now to get used to playing again. Not big on doing raids or pvp either. My problem is xp seems to coming really slowly for me in this game. Then i get bored.
    Brevane and Dusken seemed to go quickly for me. Very nice areas and still have zone events pop. I always like doing the zone events lower level.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Poshy View Post
    Brevane and Dusken seemed to go quickly for me. Very nice areas and still have zone events pop. I always like doing the zone events lower level.
    Will check it out. Thanks Poshy

+ Reply to Thread