+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: half the map

Default half the map

I am level 67 - 0% and done half the map (gedlo badlands). Do I really need patron for xp boost or I am doing something wrong? proof: http://i.cubeupload.com/3BBLxH.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdelic View Post
    I am level 67 - 0% and done half the map (gedlo badlands). Do I really need patron for xp boost or I am doing something wrong? proof: http://i.cubeupload.com/3BBLxH.jpg
    I havent checked patch notes about XP changes but at release there was forum threads that one needed to use other sources for XP besides carnages and ordinary quests to get to level 70.

IIRC even some people with patron couldnt get to 70 solely on questing withoug using XP vials. It is long ago now though. Might have changed!
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    IIRC even some people with patron couldnt get to 70 solely on questing withoug using XP vials. It is long ago now though. Might have changed!
    Yes, you are right, Something was definietly changed.
    As a result, its even harder for people to hit 70 now,
    as if it wasnt hard enough if you didnt have exp pots

This might been a overlooked bug actually. Most game designers normally run these with the intention you can quest to max level without a grind. Though a lot of people are not big into all the main/side quests in games so they choose to grind. There is exceptions to this mostly Asian MMO's but a bit odd if that is an actual issue here. So it's either a malicious reason this was done or a bug. But I would report it as a bug first.
    Check Out My 2017 Let's Play Series (Giveaway Every 5th Episodes 1/5/10/15/etc)
    Cleric - 2017 -Starting from level 1 Zone to Zone exploring / Questing.
    Old Content:
    Cleric - 2014 | Warrior - 2013 | Random - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Kane Hart View Post
    This might been a overlooked bug actually. Most game designers normally run these with the intention you can quest to max level without a grind. Though a lot of people are not big into all the main/side quests in games so they choose to grind. There is exceptions to this mostly Asian MMO's but a bit odd if that is an actual issue here. So it's either a malicious reason this was done or a bug. But I would report it as a bug first.
    This is not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    This is not a bug.
    So it was designed on purpose to have a bunch of people lacking the experience to make it to end game or to buy from the store? I'm a bit confused here I hear people keep saying bad things about Trion but of course I refuse to believe it till I experience it. I have to believe it was in error and they are going to work hard to correct these issues and really re-brand their company for the future.

We must think positive!
    Old Content:

So it was designed on purpose to have a bunch of people lacking the experience to make it to end game or to buy from the store? I'm a bit confused here I hear people keep saying bad things about Trion but of course I refuse to believe it till I experience it. I have to believe it was in error and they are going to work hard to correct these issues and really re-brand their company for the future.

We must think positive!
    I hope you are being sarcastic.

But oh well, by any means, go give it a try, if you wouldnt want to listen to someone who's got plenty of chars to 70 and knows as a sure that its not that easy hitting 70 just by merely questing.

I am sharing my experience, by all means, think as positive as you want, it wont be changing the truth.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    I hope you are being sarcastic.

But oh well, by any means, go give it a try, if you wouldnt want to listen to someone who's got plenty of chars to 70 and knows as a sure that its not that easy hitting 70 just by merely questing.

I am sharing my experience, by all means, think as positive as you want, it wont be changing the truth.
    I'm a new player and currently at 62. What other things I should do while leveling 65-70?

Quote Originally Posted by deastr View Post
    I'm a new player and currently at 62. What other things I should do while leveling 65-70?
    If you have exp pots, start popping them after some quests in Xarth Mire and into Ashenfell,
    Do all the zone dailies and the PAA daily in alittu
    and things like that, if you are not a patron and dont have pots you are fated to get stuck and have to progress quite some of 69-70 through the dailies around

Quote Originally Posted by deastr View Post
    From what I understand, Dailies, IA but there might be better solutions like Potions.
    Old Content:

While grinding out the quests gives the most exp, it is not the only [intended] way to level. There are dungeons, war fronts, rifts, expert rifts, zone events, planar assaults, and dailys to do along the way. Pots are a way to skip the other stuff. Between pots or variety, I will go with variety; unless I am on my 3rd or 4th alt... then I just want the pain over with.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Uruketo View Post
    While grinding out the quests gives the most exp, it is not the only [intended] way to level. There are dungeons, war fronts, rifts, expert rifts, zone events, planar assaults, and dailys to do along the way. Pots are a way to skip the other stuff. Between pots or variety, I will go with variety; unless I am on my 3rd or 4th alt... then I just want the pain over with.
    expert rifts? I didnt know this xpac had them

Rift Disciple

We must think positive!
    yes. in fact the devs have repeatedly stated to take your time and incorporate as many daily quests, PAAs, and Warfronts as possible. So while they *might* adjust it to meet the "leveling through questing" expectation, they have basically flat out said that was not their intention and they are not changing it.

Plane Walker

We must think positive!
    I leveled 10+ toons to 70 in the first month, mostly because there was absolutely nothing else to do and I got time off over Christmas. I was patron at that time (not anymore) and had between 2 and 4 160% exp vials on all of them but one. The last toon I leveled (still as patron) only got one 80% exp vial. I did all story quests, all side quests, and all carnages I could find. It was not enough exp to go from 65 to 70. So yes, even as patron without enough vials, just questing will not get you to max level. I had to do dailies to finish get that toon to level 70.

Heh and I did every rift and zone event I came across and hit 70 shortly after getting to Ashenfell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast