+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 24 of 24
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: half the map

  1. #16
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yayinde View Post
    Heh and I did every rift and zone event I came across and hit 70 shortly after getting to Ashenfell.
    Well yes, but that's really no different than doing dailies. The point is that the quests (story, side, carnages) are not enough to get you to 70. Doing other stuff (dailies / IAs / dungeons / WFs / ZEs / random rifts / etc) will be necessary unless you have exp boosts (vials & patron).

  2. #17
    Plane Walker cyberdelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Doing other stuff (dailies / IAs / dungeons / WFs / ZEs / random rifts / etc)
    IA's don't give much XP, no one does dungeons, WF's give small XP, ZE's i don't know what it means and random rifts it's like killing mobs.

  3. #18
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    I leveled 10+ toons to 70 in the first month, mostly because there was absolutely nothing else to do and I got time off over Christmas. I was patron at that time (not anymore) and had between 2 and 4 160% exp vials on all of them but one. The last toon I leveled (still as patron) only got one 80% exp vial. I did all story quests, all side quests, and all carnages I could find. It was not enough exp to go from 65 to 70. So yes, even as patron without enough vials, just questing will not get you to max level. I had to do dailies to finish get that toon to level 70.
    Can you tell me which dailies they are and where they are located so I can keep an eye out for them when I reach 65.

  4. #19
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deastr View Post
    Can you tell me which dailies they are and where they are located so I can keep an eye out for them when I reach 65.
    Daily quests open up in each of the zones after you do the story quest line. 4 of them are instances (like a solo mini chronicle, except you can only do it once a day), 4 of them are open world quests. 4 are "close 2 rifts" which are available before you finish the story quest line, and 4 are "kill 20 onslaughts" which also are available before finishing the story line.

    They are located in the main quest hubs of each zone. Thedeor's Spear, St. Taranis, Bailgol, and Felbocan.


    NOTE: the daily quest in Bailgol isn't worth it, just do the daily chonicle. The onslaughts also are a lot of work if you're not level 70 yet. I would stick to the 4 chronicles and the open world quests & the rift closing in Ashenfell, Gedlo, and Scatherran. Xarth Mire is too annoying to do quests in and I would just stick to the one chronicle there.

    There is also the turnin guy for Marks of Notoriety in Alittu in the upstairs area for a once a day turnin for reputation and exp. Well, mostly reputation, the exp is a bonus if you still need it.
    Last edited by Leocadia; 05-19-2017 at 09:02 AM.

  5. #20
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    506

    Default

    To partially parrot the previous poster (alliteration, yay!), you unlock a zone's daily chronicle after completing the main storyline. Honestly, in terms of hours invested in the leveling process vs levels gained, the fastest way to 70 without pots or rested exp might be to zip through the main questline in each zone in a day or two, then do all 4 mini chrons for the next few days and log out.

    You can do all 4 in 45 minutes or so, you usually get some decent drops if you're a fresh 70 or just want to break down / sell gear, and it's reputation if you're playing on your main. each one grants a few million xp, so I'd imagine you'd be 70 in a week or two, with maybe 20-25 hours invested tops.

    I have a lot of gripes with this game, that's probably why I'm not playing for the time being. That being said, getting to max level really isn't THAT bad because the chronicles are good incentives.

    IMO nightmare tide was actually worse in this regard, because there your only real option was old-school instant adventures or normal dungeons if you didn't hit 70 by the time you finished tarken. And without patron or vials, it was almost impossible to hit 70 even if you completed every quest in the plane of water. So yeah, not hitting level cap by quests alone isn't a new thing lol.

  6. #21
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Thanks.

    I've hit 65 and currently questing in Felbocan. I've several chronicles listed in Chronicles menu but I assume these are not the ones when you say daily/zone chronicles, right?

  7. #22
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deastr View Post
    Thanks.

    I've hit 65 and currently questing in Felbocan. I've several chronicles listed in Chronicles menu but I assume these are not the ones when you say daily/zone chronicles, right?
    Correct, those chronicles are older content and idk if they still award exp at your level. I'm guessing not except maybe the Rhen of Fate one, but that one is harder than the others.

    The chronicles I'm talking about aren't really chronicles, more like mini solo dungeons you can do once a day. You need the quest to even see the entrance to the instance. And you only get the quest after you finish the story line in each of the zones.

    You'll recognize them because the last story quest will send you into the instance, and once you turn it in it will pop up again as a quest but this time it's a daily. So on that day, you can do it twice for the exp.

  8. #23
    Telaran Lelouch Vi Britannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    Correct, those chronicles are older content and idk if they still award exp at your level. I'm guessing not except maybe the Rhen of Fate one, but that one is harder than the others.

    The chronicles I'm talking about aren't really chronicles, more like mini solo dungeons you can do once a day. You need the quest to even see the entrance to the instance. And you only get the quest after you finish the story line in each of the zones.

    You'll recognize them because the last story quest will send you into the instance, and once you turn it in it will pop up again as a quest but this time it's a daily. So on that day, you can do it twice for the exp.
    Rhen of fate isnt hard if you can do the like 2 mechs it has. Not at all. And yes it does grant exp. One of my alts hit 67 just by my daily grinding rof for plats time ago

    And the intrepid chrons, they give exp too since mobs are L67, and depending on the level they can even give more exp than RoF, but i think that gets beat by the different dailied in RoF and the plat income in RoF is way better

  9. #24
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch Vi Britannia View Post
    Rhen of fate isnt hard if you can do the like 2 mechs it has. Not at all. And yes it does grant exp. One of my alts hit 67 just by my daily grinding rof for plats time ago

    And the intrepid chrons, they give exp too since mobs are L67, and depending on the level they can even give more exp than RoF, but i think that gets beat by the different dailied in RoF and the plat income in RoF is way better
    You notice I said "a bit harder". I didn't say it's too hard to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts