+ Reply to Thread

Thread: mage lowest dmg

Default mage lowest dmg

Just heard from a guild member mage does the lowest dmg. Is it true? What does the biggest dmg right now after primalist? Warrior?
    Last edited by cyberdelic; 05-14-2017 at 04:38 AM.

can you move this thread to newcomers?

Mage is rather gear dependent currently, especially Harb with all of the +% damage.

You'll see your damage start to rise quickly around the time you're getting your eternal weapon and getting a good portion of a TD set upgraded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdelic View Post
    Just heard from a guild member mage does the lowest dmg. Is it true? What does the biggest dmg right now after primalist? Warrior?
    no. it's not true.

I've seen every class hit 600-800k+ so far, but typically those people are in full TD gear, maxed out frags and are high in the eternal quest. Just overal min/maxing their rotations as well. Some classes are lower than each other, but not by as much as people think.
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Holyroller12 View Post
    I've seen every class hit 600-800k+ so far, but typically those people are in full TD gear, maxed out frags and are high in the eternal quest. Just overal min/maxing their rotations as well. Some classes are lower than each other, but not by as much as people think.
    I'd say with the exception of the Vulc build for Primalist yeah.

Rogue Sin/Sab is possibly a little ahead of the others, but there isn't a huge gap otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Ascendant

From my limited experience at eternal 6 weapon tier

Primalist >>>> Rogue > Warrior > Mage > Cleric

edit: assuming pure single target, zero disconnect, zero phase change, and no special boss mechanics.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-14-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Clerics can do fine - got to play the right specs. Lots of folks love the high burst specs for tearing down SPE and TD mobs quickly. Whole different story when the mobs have a beeellion HPs. Some specs work better over the long term.

As a rogue, I'd agree that Sin/Sab (which is wrong in so many ways ... different story) seems a little too strong. A slight tweak would fix that. Although I can't speak for other classes from experience, primalists do seem to be out there ATM. It would also be nice to see better balance between the souls, given that only one or two DPS builds seem to be competitive for rogues ATM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    From my limited experience at eternal 6 weapon tier

Primalist >>>> Rogue > Warrior > Mage > Cleric

edit: assuming pure single target, zero disconnect, zero phase change, and no special boss mechanics.
    What you described is called a sandbag mob, and sandbag dps isn't really fair when considering all classes.

Hypothetical example, let's say paragon does 2mill dps in melee only, but all the bosses in the current raid tier require 35m ranged classes. Even though paragon is blowing every other dps out of the water in this example, it's still useless for the current raiding content.

This is just an example, but hopefully my point comes across. Sandbag dps isn't everything is all I'm saying.

It's like saying clerics >>>>>>>>>>> everyone else, but only in aoe 10 target fights when using cabalist soul and no other factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraii View Post
    Did you see any cleric in that pic?
    How come not if get got the op faeri?

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    ..., but all the bosses in the current raid tier require 35m ranged classes.
    So you're saying I can't melee bosses in IRotP? Tell me more.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    So you're saying I can't melee bosses in IRotP? Tell me more.
    You can, but you ain't beating a primalist even if you get to have 100% uptime in melee.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Orochan View Post
    sandbagging
    It's not sandbagging.

It's a standard parsing condition against a single target dummy.

Also why are you using paragon disconnect as an rebuttal when current top primalist specs are fully ranged?

Yes disconnects will further lower melee spec dps like sinsab and to a lesser extent harb (due to PB). But I used the current top dps specs from each calling in the comparison (while downplaying primalist's ranged and the massive passive cleave advantage) and top primalist specs aren't even affected by it.

It's okay if you think primalist is totally balanced it's fine really...

I am just stating MY experience that I observed in all current contents including TD and Rotp across all the top players/performers on their respectable callings.

Also edit: Warrior top dps I assumed tempest, but I think there are some kind of lol champion hybrid (melee) that does more single target now and cleaves like a mother****er, too. Too bad I have yet to see a warrior playing it in raid or tried it myself, so I will skip that.
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 05-14-2017 at 10:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread