+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old player returning

Soulwalker

Default Old player returning

ok so far i have leveled up to 67 and now its sending me to a 69 zone to level do i just grind my way to 68 to head to that zone or do i just continue the story?

Telaran

You could try some PVP, or jump into some Intrepid Adventures.

Both are a decent way to earn some XP and level up.

If you're feeling like the leveling is going slowly, make sure to do all your daily / weekly quests and grab some experience vials if you can.
    Bragah - 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Griblit View Post
    ok so far i have leveled up to 67 and now its sending me to a 69 zone to level do i just grind my way to 68 to head to that zone or do i just continue the story?
    Your question is rather vague: Which quest? What questlines/zones have you already done?

The quests in Alittu become available very early in your career, and it is easy to get them "out of order": E.g., head off to Ashenfell with Carli before you've done Gedlo or Xarth. Personally, I like that, because of the degree of freedom it allows, but it does mean that yes, you can head off to a zone on a quest that you can't reasonably do.

The other issue is that if you only do the story quests then you won't advance in level fast enough to continue. The story quests, even the story quests with a handful of side quests and carnage, don't give enough XP to level all the way to 70. You have to do some combination of regular dailies (over many days, can't power through in 1-2 days), every side/carnage quest you can find, lots of extra zone events/invasions/rifts/PAA's and other things for XP; maybe use XP pots and gear.

Which problem are you having: Heading to Ashenfell without having done quests in some other zones? Or trying to level with only/mostly story quests? Or something else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Griblit View Post
    It sounds like you may have skipped some content. Double check to make sure you haven't skipped any quest nodes. Also don't be shy about asking a level 70 friend for a side kick bonus to make it easier to get stuff done.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Prophecy of Ankhet quest lines are basically set up like this:

Hook up with Shyla and travel with her and Tasuil through Scatherran.
    Hook up with Cyril and travel with him and Veist through Gedlo Badlands.
    Hook up with Anthousa and travel with her and Tasuil through Xarth Mire.
    Hook up with Ambriel, messenger of the Vigil, and travel with her (and eventually Carli) through Ashenfell.

There is some trouble getting these quests when you have already accepted one of them. So if you happened to see a quest over Anthosa's head (3rd story line) right after you returned and turned in Shyla's story line... you won't see the quest over Cyril's head. The story will lead you in the correct direction, but I have found that not everyone reads all the quest text. (shakes her head in dismay)

+ Reply to Thread