+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Thinking of returning but have a few questions

Soulwalker

Default Thinking of returning but have a few questions

I am thinking of returning to this game but a little concerned about hte price of getting back into if i want access to all the content

If i want to enjoy the games full content do i need to buy the Ascended Essentials Pack and the Starfall Prophecy Standard Edition for a total of 61 and then the 9.99 a month on for a total of 71?

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Patron status certainly offers a broad range of benefits, but is not required to play.
    The soul packs are optional content as well and offer variety in builds, but is not required to reach end game content.

The most recent expansion is paid DLC - everything else is free to play or optional.
    I hope this helps. =)
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by Adamdru View Post
    I am thinking of returning to this game but a little concerned about hte price of getting back into if i want access to all the content

If i want to enjoy the games full content do i need to buy the Ascended Essentials Pack and the Starfall Prophecy Standard Edition for a total of 61 and then the 9.99 a month on for a total of 71?
    You do not, all you need is the new xpac then you can play for free until you feel the content you paid for was worth it.

You should be aware of a few things before you buy this new xpac.

1 -- Stats like.. crit power, crit chance and ap/sp were removed from gear (not essences). The only way you can get these desired stats are from the new Planar Fragment system (more info here http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...fragments.html and... http://forums.riftgame.com/retired-f...ent-guide.html here. But keep in mind that it is total RNG from drops on mobs, dungeons.. rifts. Also keep in mind that once you do get a BiS slot planar fragment you will then need to grind around 3.5k plat just to upgrade it into BiS.

Next..

2 -- Content.. We were told when SFP (the new xpac) was announced that the new zones would be larger than Telara.. it is not. 5 dungeons, 1 raid and 5 new zones. Also PvP -- very fun PvP when you have a good match up and players on your team.

3 -- Eternal items... These items are BiS of the BiS.. (heh) but the procs are.. well we were told we would have procs like... "Angels spawns dealing damage and then healing you for X amount of damage dealt" but in reality the procs are... increase melee range, gain a teleport, gain a shield of 10% max hp. The procs are pretty much PvP procs but dont work in warfronts.

4 -- Community relations with player base and Devs. Now Brasse has just responded here but Brasse is the CM, so... yeah. But, on the other hand there have been multiple posts around the forums asking for Dev response on such things as.... PvP Balance, Bugged skills not working as they should, when the new raid will come out. With zero response (sure some of the posts asking for a reply are by me but.. "nothing funny here man".. just stating facts )

5 -- Player relations with other players, it's pretty good... sure you get the troll here and there but for the most part Rifts community is solid and helpful.

These are the 5 top things you should know before playing Rift... again. Rift is still the same... and it's not like any of the cons I spoke about were not there before this xpac but pointing them out is key for progress -- Rifle.

Soulwalker

Thank you for the feed back. I think i will give a go again see how i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Adamdru View Post

The price is not high, all u need is just the new expansion, which should last u till the end of this expansion. Its not much or roughly same as wow's legion expansion, with the level boost similarly. Patron is not necessary but could help a lot if u do get it.

However that being said, without spending further money(including patron) and time into the game, you will soon find yourself undergeared and doing fairly low dps comparing to others in dungeons, LFR and others making the game less enjoyable if u want to do group contents, soloing otherwise is fine.
    Pupueffekt@Laethys TD 4/4 IROTP 4/4
    Orphanage - Laethys Rift美服华人工会 You can you up, No can no bb

+ Reply to Thread