+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By TrionBrasse
  • 2 Post By Samuraiko
  • 1 Post By Slipmat

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: About Ignore

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Rock323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default About Ignore

    Is ignore account wide?

    I think I got a number of people ignoring me over a stupid thing and now it disrupts my gameplay into stopping to play rift.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Samuraiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Filming on the Internet
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock323 View Post
    Is ignore account wide?

    I think I got a number of people ignoring me over a stupid thing and now it disrupts my gameplay into stopping to play rift.
    Yes, ignore is account-wide. If you are on someone's ignore list, all of their alts ignore all of your alts.

    TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

  3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Unfortunately, actions do have consequences, and via the ignore function, players decide they no longer want to interact with players in any way, on any character. This is provided for peace of mind as well as to prevent harassment.

    If you are willing to work at it, you can make new friends in time.
    I wish you success in growing in game through respectful relationships and interactions.
    Brasse

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Can I add on to this? Does ignore prevent you from getting queued together? I was told the reason I can't get into LFR is because I've ignored too many people

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Bishoujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    Can I add on to this? Does ignore prevent you from getting queued together? I was told the reason I can't get into LFR is because I've ignored too many people
    it works for LFG as in dungeons,
    havent heard the case for LFR as well.
    Also it may be, and is most likely because not many people Q through LFR for TD or QF.
    which is mostlikely your case

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    587

    Default

    I am not 100% sure, aside from the fact that /ignore makes my playtime SO MUCH MOAR BETTER. Pardon my grammar and caps. =)

    At the same time, I only put the very worst of folks on /ignore, because otherwise I may miss out on a lot of conversation and discussion - plus, I am mostly immune to trolls. The really bad ones not only get /ignored, but I also submit a ticket to CS, like I urge all players to.

    I've dropped an email to the engineers involved for a definitive list of how the /ignore function affects:
    - LFR (pretty sure you won't queue with them).
    - Warfronts (pretty sure you DO queue with the ignored)
    - IAs (no idea)

    It's still my favorite defense against the dark arts.
    ;-)#
    Brasse

  7. #7
    Ascendant Samuraiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Filming on the Internet
    Posts
    2,208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    I am not 100% sure, aside from the fact that /ignore makes my playtime SO MUCH MOAR BETTER. Pardon my grammar and caps. =)

    At the same time, I only put the very worst of folks on /ignore, because otherwise I may miss out on a lot of conversation and discussion - plus, I am mostly immune to trolls. The really bad ones not only get /ignored, but I also submit a ticket to CS, like I urge all players to.

    I've dropped an email to the engineers involved for a definitive list of how the /ignore function affects:
    - LFR (pretty sure you won't queue with them).
    - Warfronts (pretty sure you DO queue with the ignored)
    - IAs (no idea)

    It's still my favorite defense against the dark arts.
    ;-)#
    Brasse
    I fully embrace the serenity of the ignore feature. I almost sent the Trion team roses the day you guys finally implemented account-wide ignores.

    TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bishoujo View Post
    it works for LFG as in dungeons,
    havent heard the case for LFR as well.
    Also it may be, and is most likely because not many people Q through LFR for TD or QF.
    which is mostlikely your case
    I should clarify, I would get queued, ready up, and almost immediately get a 'player has refused the queue' like, 15 times

  9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    587

    Default

    so, Mizuki..... how many people DO you have on ignore? =P

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    so, Mizuki..... how many people DO you have on ignore? =P
    Less than Wren. I actually cleaned it out after being told this (and that seemed to solve the issue)

    Most were people starting fights for the sake of starting fights to be fair

  11. #11
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizuki Ayu View Post
    I would get queued, ready up, and almost immediately get a 'player has refused the queue' like, 15 times
    Don't worry about that, it's "normal" now if you queue as LFR, it's too easily trolled

    http://i.imgur.com/i1DjIOp.jpg

  12. #12
    Champion Uruketo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Fortuna, CA
    Posts
    588

    Default

    If /ignore affects queues that would make sense for some long queues I have when not grouped with guildies. I have a lot of accounts on ignore.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

  13. #13
    Shadowlander Ganky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    MY ignore list is so epic that it lags the server.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Bishoujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganky View Post
    MY ignore list is so epic that it lags the server.
    Mommyyyyy do you have me ignoed also

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts