+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rheven

Thread: Is PvP dead?

Soulwalker

Default Is PvP dead?

Hello, Everyone:

I played RIFT before the launch of the first expansion and am thinking of coming back. I stopped playing because i was playing World of Warcraft at that point in my life but now that Legion has single-handedly ruined my favorite game of all time I'm looking to returning to telara. However, I installed the game and made a new hero and met someone online who told me the PvP community is dead. I just want an honest hearted answer as to whether the PvP community is dead or small at this point. I'm not into PvE so that isn't an option. I'm hoping its not, since there's no other American MMORPG that's worth playing. ESO and Guild Wars 2 are way to different from my preferred MMORPG experience.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Pythong; 04-17-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Shadowlander

its not dead but its smaller, pvp below lvl 65 is pretty much non existing. though only time i have long queues are early mornings (atleast on eu shards)
    Last edited by Ewik; 04-17-2017 at 05:12 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ewik View Post
    its not dead but its smaller, pvp below lvl 65 is pretty much non existing. though only time i have long queues are early mornings (atleast on eu shards)
    So how long are queues end-game, on average?

Shadowlander

30sec-1min on avg

Ascendant

Don't expect low level pvp to pop ( or low level anything except IA ).
    At the endgame it's as fast as it's always been. Anywhere from instant pop to a few second or a minute.

Longest I've ever had (NA) is like 4 minutes, early morning.

Soulwalker

dont queue for level 64 and below. its easy to hit level 65 now, so, people just grind to level 65 then start doing warfront once they are level 65.

I miss the days when everybody started PvP at a young age, level 10 for our first (black Garden) and on up from there. Some people even totally leveled up through WFs. But mostly people had a much better understanding of the objectives.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/72 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

As an experiment on Friday night (4/28?) myself and three guildees queued up for war fronts. We were not grouped and counting down the queue in TeamSpeak. Each time we did this only two of us would make it into a WF, either on the same side or opposite sides. The third person was left waiting. We did this for several consecutive queues (the odd duck would leave the queue when the WF was done). Granted the test was fairly late Pacific Time (10:00pm+) but it still that shows the PvP population is a lot less than what it used to be.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

I concur, it seemed like the same people over and over also. We still had fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Uruketo View Post
    As an experiment on Friday night (4/28?) myself and three guildees queued up for war fronts. We were not grouped and counting down the queue in TeamSpeak. Each time we did this only two of us would make it into a WF, either on the same side or opposite sides. The third person was left waiting. We did this for several consecutive queues (the odd duck would leave the queue when the WF was done). Granted the test was fairly late Pacific Time (10:00pm+) but it still that shows the PvP population is a lot less than what it used to be.

+ Reply to Thread