+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Is the game dying? (Less players?)

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    All these millennials, want something for nothing, then complain about it...forcing mmo's out of their subscription model then whine when its not right..not enough.
    If you are referring to my earlier post, then you have been misinformed. I was one of those that wanted the expansion to be B2P. I joined Rift just before nightmare tide was released. I had purchased many of the rift packs that were selling back then such as storm legion, dream souls, nightmare tide infusion edition, classic collector's pack, power pack, etc. However, what I increasingly found was the increased dependency to subscribe for basic things such as increased levelling and rested XP. Not to mention a significant amount of reputation, loot items, currency gains and loot/dungeon charges. Yes, patron is not needed to play the game, but its dependency is too high, IMO. I sincerely thought SFP going B2P would help alleviate this, but I have not seen that happening at all.

Purchasing the rift packs was great for its content, but when you factor in Patron and other cash shop items on top of that, I just can't justify paying more to play Rift than I would WoW or FF14.
    Last edited by Letobrick; 04-10-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    All these millennials, want something for nothing, then complain about it...forcing mmo's out of their subscription model then whine when its not right..not enough.

Reminds me of the girl from willy wonka and the chocolate factory:

I want the whole world, wrapped up in my pocket its my bar of chocolate, give it to me now!...bad eggs.

Trion should administer in game spankings from the faction leaders, if you ask me.
    hm in what alternate reality was SFP free?

yes all these people that paid and got a subpar product compared to what rift used to be and more importantly what they promised should just shut up according to you huh.

as for the OP it depends on what you want out of the game. for example anyone interested in raiding or pvp is not gonna get much out of this game in its current state.

sadly you will not get a very mmo experience in low lv content.

Soulwalker

I'm new in the game and the reason I tried this game is because of the Ranger's combat pets. Then I saw the new Deluxe Expansion which comes with the white dragon and Lvl 65 boost. I just wanna ask your opinion if its worth buying? I mean there are mixed opinion about the life of this game. Do you think this game will last at least 1 more year or more(which is great)?
    Last edited by Finxkazeitachi; 04-13-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Finxkazeitachi View Post
    I'm new in the game and the reason I tried this game is because of the Ranger's combat pets. Then I saw the new Deluxe Expansion which comes with the white dragon and Lvl 65 boost. I just wanna ask your opinion if its worth buying? I mean there are mixed opinion about the life of this game. Do you think this game will last at least 1 more year or more(which is great)?
    Enjoy the game. I have been reading about the game's doom since launch and six years later RIFT is still here and adding content.

This is entertainment and you need to treat it as such and not as an investment. If you're having a good time and enjoy it. In some aspects, you get much more for the dollar playing this game in entertainment than a movie which is over is 90-120 minutes.

Shadowlander

Default Perspective

Rift is really fun at lower levels, go through the story quests to level up and you'll be fine. Your play-style will effect whether you want to experience each aspect along the way or hurry through to current end-game content, but it's a bit of an older game so yeah you won't see too much population-wise until you get to, at minimum Nightmare tide.

Advice: server transfer to Haioli, and get yourself into a guild. Find one that has active players in your time zone. If you are playing during NA daytime hours consider Hanias-Incarnate we have quite a few active and helpful players at that time, but guild events are later in the evening.

Also, Don't spend 'money' on gear, what you get through questing the story line will be adequate until you get to the later zones.

Soulwalker

@Austinex
    You are right. I just have to enjoy the game, which I think I am right now. After Dragon's Prophet NA shuts down, I have been looking for a game that I can have fun using combat pets. After playing a couple of hours, I'm enjoying Ranger.

@Bjourdo
    I'm basically what they call a Lone wolf type player. But I tend to be an active Guild member at end-game. I will do your advice and transfer to Haioli(Currently in Deepwood) once I get my level high enough to transfer.

Thanks guys.

Shadowlander

[/QUOTE]
    @Bjourdo
    I'm basically what they call a Lone wolf type player. But I tend to be an active Guild member at end-game. I will do your advice and transfer to Haioli(Currently in Deepwood) once I get my level high enough to transfer.

Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much how I play too, Once you get there check out Hanias Incarnate.

Soulwalker

After 10+ years of playing Wow I finally had enough of "end game raiding or nothing" attitude the game has now. I played Rift several years ago and liked it, but was also playing Wow the most. I downloaded Rift again to scratch the itch and fell in love with it!

I am a casual player who loves professions, pets, questing, alts and now, building my own dimension! Wow has uniformly destroyed all those things IMO. If you don't raid, you don't rate. I enjoy participating in rifts when I feel like it, and moving on when I don't. I'm currently level 31 and have had no problems questing through. Low level questing is much harder and more challenging than Wow is right now, and I am not being sarcastic. You can practically one shot low level mobs up until level 60 or so. I even used grey gear in some slots to make it "playable".

Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying my mage (who plays like my Wow lock lol). The game is beautiful, well thought out and very enjoyable to play. I desperately hope they are not going down the same path as Wow in just looking at end game raiding. That would be a horrible decision. Hopefully they will invigorate the game at all levels. I hope to be around here for a while!

Rift Disciple

Default Depends...

Those who want to play a game with challenge, organized teaming, and progression will hate it. Those who want to play a game with fun little things to do will love it.

I am not a fan of the direction the game went. It was guild and raid killing. Only the RP guilds really flourish. The others are holding on.

I play Skyrim and other games in addition to MMOs. I can do solo content fine. I play MMOs for teaming. What do you play an MMO for?

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberDown View Post
    You are at an advantage that you've never played before. Much of the strife, is from prior players who got used to the previous Rift title, and are having issues adjusting to Trions new vision.

In my mind, and many others, this is still very much a work in progress, because when you take a challenging MMO like what Rift was and drastically reduce difficulty, things like gear progression don't mean anything any more. Maximizing the character build you play doesn't matter anymore. Spending large amounts of time grinding for best in slot runes, or finishing weeklies to buy gear doesn't matter anymore. A lot of the things that were fun about this title, were heavily impacted by the the changes.
    This.

/10char
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2