Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimples

Thread: hello. i need help i want to be a tank

Soulwalker

Default hello. i need help i want to be a tank

please i need your help. i just want to be a tank but i dont know how

im a high elf cleric
    guardian

ive been looking for inform.... and yes a lot of people share their macros and wherever
    ok thats nice but im very new in rift and i dont know how does it work. yeap now i know how to create macros but i dont know how to use it. i have the imag on my action bar but it doesnt work. and i feel frustrated.

i dont understand how to create a focus. { /focus (name of tank) ???? ROTATION ? CDS? wth r all these things?
    can anybody explain me all this things and ? please patience

and how to protect players because ive been trying all this things below but ..i better dont tell about that bad experience. feel ashamed of myself just that

links i used

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...er-soaker.html

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...w/rr4/q8g|TKP0

recap :

how can i focus the players? and then how can i heal or protect them? how can i focus them and give him absorption?

A OE? no buffs?
    Last edited by dammg; 03-24-2017 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dammg View Post
    please i need your help. i just want to be a tank but i dont know how

im a high elf cleric
    guardian

ive been looking for inform.... and yes a lot of people share their macros and wherever
    ok thats nice but im very new in rift and i dont know how does it work. yeap now i know how to create macros but i dont know how to use it. i have the imag on my action bar but it doesnt work. and i feel frustrated.

i dont understand how to create a focus. { /focus (name of tank) ???? ROTATION ? CDS? wth r all these things?
    can anybody explain me all this things and ? please patience

and how to protect players because ive been trying all this things below but ..i better dont tell about that bad experience. feel ashamed of myself just that

links i used

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...er-soaker.html

https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#...w/rr4/q8g|TKP0

recap :

how can i focus the players? and then how can i heal or protect them? how can i focus them and give him absorption?

A OE? no buffs?
    Well good morning and welcome to Rift, and that you wish to become a tank.

First off, those links you listed are not tank builds, they're healing type builds. From what I can decipher from your post, I don't know if you wish to be a tank, or a tank healer. They're two totally separate roles with different responsibilities.

Tanking
    As a tank, your responsibility is to not heal (though as a Cleric tank, you'll do some splash healing just by hitting things), but to keep everything off of everyone else in your party/raid.

Healing
    In a group, you're role is to keep every alive. In a raid, there's 2 types of heal roles, Tank healer, or Raid healer. Tank healer keeps the tank(s) alive, raid healer keeps everyone else alive.

Back to talking about tanking, as that is what you specifically mentioned.

To explain all there is to know about the game and then tanking responsibilities, as well as macro's is more than a single post can provide. But I'll attempt to give you some pointers on starting as a Cleric Tank.

For a Cleric, you'll want 61 points in Justicar. Then things get a bit more selective on the other two souls. The old one (before legendary's came into play) you went at least 6 in Shaman to get the Dmg reduction from Thick Skinned (your first 5 points) and then 1 point in Courage of the Bear for the 5% health. At least 6 in Inquisitor to get Armor of Treachery for the 3% Armor and 3% health.

What I use in one of my tank specs is Justicar: 61 | Shaman: 8 | Inquisitor: 7

To your questions:
    how can i focus the players?
    Focus in Rift might be different than what you may be thinking. Focus in Rift is to allow some additional things for you to see and do. Firstly, it creates a new "window" (or icon) on your screen that lets you see them more easily and in real time. Easier than trying to locate them in the party or raid frames. You can also see what they might be casting (if it's a cast time ability).
    To make someone your "Focus", click on them (either though directly clicking on them, or by clicking on theore name in the group/raid frames), then either press Shift + F, or while your have them selected type in chat /focus, then press enter. You can do some fancy things with your focus target, but that's a totally separate topic unto itself. Though very briefly, you can set up in your game options that by using a special key bind (CTRL, SHIFT or ALT) to redirect whatever ability button (like in buttons, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) your pressing to your focus target.

As a Cleric tank, you won't be directly healing them, but you can use Intercede on them once every 2 minutes. Also you'll be placing your Righteous Mandate on a member of your party/raid (does not have to be your focus target). This will toss an extra Salvation on that person every time you attack.

and then how can i heal or protect them?
    As I mentioned above, you don't directly heal them. Except for the 2 abilities I listed above.

how can i focus them and give him absorption?
    As I mentioned above, you don't directly absorb dmg for them. Except for the 2 abilities I listed above.

This by no means will answer every question or thought you may have, but I do hope that it at least gives you a better glimpse into things.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    Well good morning and welcome to Rift, and that you wish to become a tank.

First off, those links you listed are not tank builds, they're healing type builds. From what I can decipher from your post, I don't know if you wish to be a tank, or a tank healer. They're two totally separate roles with different responsibilities.

Tanking
    As a tank, your responsibility is to not heal (though as a Cleric tank, you'll do some splash healing just by hitting things), but to keep everything off of everyone else in your party/raid.

Healing
    In a group, you're role is to keep every alive. In a raid, there's 2 types of heal roles, Tank healer, or Raid healer. Tank healer keeps the tank(s) alive, raid healer keeps everyone else alive.

Back to talking about tanking, as that is what you specifically mentioned.

To explain all there is to know about the game and then tanking responsibilities, as well as macro's is more than a single post can provide. But I'll attempt to give you some pointers on starting as a Cleric Tank.

For a Cleric, you'll want 61 points in Justicar. Then things get a bit more selective on the other two souls. The old one (before legendary's came into play) you went at least 6 in Shaman to get the Dmg reduction from Thick Skinned (your first 5 points) and then 1 point in Courage of the Bear for the 5% health. At least 6 in Inquisitor to get Armor of Treachery for the 3% Armor and 3% health.

What I use in one of my tank specs is Justicar: 61 | Shaman: 8 | Inquisitor: 7

To your questions:

Focus in Rift might be different than what you may be thinking. Focus in Rift is to allow some additional things for you to see and do. Firstly, it creates a new "window" (or icon) on your screen that lets you see them more easily and in real time. Easier than trying to locate them in the party or raid frames. You can also see what they might be casting (if it's a cast time ability).
    To make someone your "Focus", click on them (either though directly clicking on them, or by clicking on theore name in the group/raid frames), then either press Shift + F, or while your have them selected type in chat /focus, then press enter. You can do some fancy things with your focus target, but that's a totally separate topic unto itself. Though very briefly, you can set up in your game options that by using a special key bind (CTRL, SHIFT or ALT) to redirect whatever ability button (like in buttons, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) your pressing to your focus target.

As a Cleric tank, you won't be directly healing them, but you can use Intercede on them once every 2 minutes. Also you'll be placing your Righteous Mandate on a member of your party/raid (does not have to be your focus target). This will toss an extra Salvation on that person every time you attack.

As I mentioned above, you don't directly heal them. Except for the 2 abilities I listed above.

As I mentioned above, you don't directly absorb dmg for them. Except for the 2 abilities I listed above.

This by no means will answer every question or thought you may have, but I do hope that it at least gives you a better glimpse into things.

first thank you very much for your time. now i understand a lot of things. and i think i want to become a healer. thats what i wanted to do, but i thought that was the role of a tank. now i see the role i like is the role of a healer.

could you give me any advice about masteries and macros (healing) ? it would be fantastic for me i was thinking bout leaving the game cos there's no enough information about this theme, and for new people that's :/ :/ :/

thanks to you i want to stay and keep trying till i get what i want to. obviously without any help, it's just imposible
    Last edited by dammg; 03-25-2017 at 03:06 PM.

first thank you very much for your time. now i understand a lot of things. and i think i want to become a healer. thats what i wanted to do, but i thought that was the role of a tank. now i see the role i like is the role of a healer.

could you give me any advice about masteries and macros (healing) ? it would be fantastic for me i was thinking bout leaving the game cos there's no enough information about this theme, and for new people that's :/ :/ :/

thanks to you i want to stay and keep trying till i get what i want to. obviously without any help, it's just imposible
    What level are you? Additionally, what soul packs have you purchased? With that information, we can better suggest a build to help you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

could you give me any advice about masteries
    Make sure you take your 61 Justicar legendary else Raidbosses will 1 shot you.
    Last edited by Klingensturm; 03-31-2017 at 01:27 AM.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

read the description for the masteries available to you.

They usually have a specific for the souls... like making a certain buff last longer or enhance certain casts... If you don't have those buffs or casts trained/available in your chosen souls, then that mastery will not do you any good.

And if focus on healing, you will want the mastery that enhances your healing capacities.

sidenote... legendaries start when levelling over 65, masteries are level 60-65

+ Reply to Thread