+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake

Thread: New Player and I have a few questions

Soulwalker

Default New Player and I have a few questions

I've been exploring RIFT with a friend and we really do like it. Right now we're playing the free version but wanted to purchase all the goodies, except bonus XP. I feel for us we want to have the leveling up experience and see every zone. Here are my questions:

If we purchase the Starfall Prophecy do we get access to earrings, bags slots, character slots, and all previous content as well? Or do we have to purchase each expansion separately? The Rift Essentials Pack says we get access to souls etc but nothing in regards to content. By content I mean can we go explore these zones and level, not do the raids? Then, if I purchase that pack do I also have to purchase the current Starfall expansion as well? Is there an all in 1 we can purchase to unlock everything?

Thanks in advance!

Except Starfall, all content is free
    Souls are not free
    Starfall includes what it says it includes: see no mention of slots, earrings
    To get everything you list, you need Starfall, Essentials, and the Ascended soul pack
    Starfall is necessary if you want to get to 70
    None of the souls are necessary
    None of the slots are necessary
    Planewalker: Water is completely unnecessary (if you get past level 65)
    Earrings are "necessary" if you want to do harder end-game content

Soulwalker

Thanks for the response!

The new souls like with storm legion, seem more convoluted than anything else. The newer ones probably more so.

You want them because you don't have them, but for me its purely ocd'ness. Thats all. The original ones make the most sense.

Yet its possible I suppose, to use one of the new ones for a useful variation on a classic build...I say this last mostly out of fear a dev will see this and harm a old build like gravelord to make more buy the convoluted ones though, yet its still a valid point in theory.

Just my opinion, make of it what you will.

Technicist was good enough because it was sort of a new thing...not trying to make classes that usually don't do a thing do, a thing.

An attempt to make them all in all is fail. There is just no point in that. Its like a Berserker barber, one could give hair cuts with there axe if they really wanted but..meh.

.I thought some of the others were awkward and a bit redundant. Heirbringer was not really much fun.
    Truth is Beauty, Beauty Truth..

+ Reply to Thread