+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What do you do with Cosmic Cores?

Soulwalker

Default What do you do with Cosmic Cores?

Hi,

My inventory is filled with Cosmic Cores - Air, Water, Life, Fire, Earth and Death and 28 Fortress Tokens.

What do I do with all this? Is this valuable for me to keep?

So many questions... I'm also trying to understand what a Rune is and why/how I need them?

Thank you

Soulwalker

Cool

Gosh... and don't get me started on Dream Orb's I have tons... and just don't understand what I'm reading when I read about these...

Honestly, the only thing I've done the last year is run around and complete quests and kill things... I have no idea what I'm doing or the weapons I'm using. It's pure luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cmrwilliams View Post
    My inventory is filled with Cosmic Cores - Air, Water, Life, Fire, Earth and Death and 28 Fortress Tokens.
    You might have noticed that you get a lot of fragments of different elements, those can be upgraded till lvl 15, during this process you need plat, the mentioned cores and planarite to get to the next lvl.

Runes can be crafted and add stats to certain equipment parts like legs or weapons for example. Right now not all equipment parts can be upgraded with runes.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

It's been mentioned already on their use, but if you want to get an idea on how many you'll need (along with some other useful information) for leveling them on past Level 6, you can check out this Google Doc about Fragments.

RIFT - Fragment Spec Viewer
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Soulwalker

Well, I'm level 61 going on 62 and I've been reading google all along and none of it makes sense to me because I don't understand the lingo/jargon. So maybe I'll just continue along and just run quests and skip all the other stuff...

For example, i never noticed I get a lot of fragments of different elements :-) I pretty much sell everything back under weapons to make space for artifacts. Now this is one thing I do understand. Although I saw a youtube video where the guy that collects them actually does something with them when they are duplicates or he already had them.

I'm getting off topic. Maybe what I need is a Rift Glossary! to understand the words that are being said. I'll google that next...

Thank you!

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by cmrwilliams View Post
    Hi,

What do I do with all this? Is this valuable for me to keep?

So many questions... I'm also trying to understand what a Rune is and why/how I need them?

Thank you
    Once you are level 65 and own the Starfall Prophecy expansion, you will get access to Planar Fragments (they are in their own tab in the character sheet). You will eventually need those Cosmic Cores to upgrade your Planar Fragments. So for now just put them in your bank.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Once you are level 65 and own the Starfall Prophecy expansion, you will get access to Planar Fragments (they are in their own tab in the character sheet). You will eventually need those Cosmic Cores to upgrade your Planar Fragments. So for now just put them in your bank.
    It should also be noted that one of the first quests in Starfall Prophecy is a tutorial for the fragments. Of course, you will have to purchase the expansion or these will not be useful to you.

+ Reply to Thread