• 3 Post By Seshatar
  • 1 Post By Xlavius
  • 2 Post By Leocadia
  • 1 Post By Artak
  • 1 Post By Rheven

Thread: Already deleting.

Soulwalker

Default Already deleting.

So I was just trying to get the hang of the first zone.

Apparently the quests are needed to learn how everything works, but that's not the issue.

At a certain point you get Instant Adventure and I was deeply suspicious from the get go, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Before I know it I'm three levels up. This doesn't work.

Because I'm three levels up, and I've already been playing for a while without interuption -- where can you find a space to just relax and look at your stats and your skills and your talents? -- I now suddenly had 8 points to spend and this is too fast for me, I might as well delete and start over.

Because I'm running behind in quests and I'm already a higher level and I don't yet know what Mentoring is or how it works or whether I should use it, I have now several things to catch up with. Not only do I need to catch up with quests, but also with talent points and the study of it, but also I'm now too high level to still play this zone, and I have no where else to go.

Real fun.

****ing stupid Instant Adventure just ruins everything for me.

And it's already too late now because the game is hard for newcomers anyway, the graphics are hard to see, everything is tiny and you can't really see it well, everwhere is noise and you can't relax anywhere, so you have to keep up the fun to keep the desire to play the game alive, or else the "non-fun" elements will take over and you're getting depleted faster than you can regenerate, in that sense, because even running around is arduous and annoying.

I usually just can't discern any monsters from one another, especially in the Rifts they are almost impossible to see and I just tab until I have something targetted, and then I wonder where my spell is going to go.

I mean I absolutely love the idea of ritfs and they have it executed pretty well. But for a newcomer and for me, you're quickly depleted of fun in playing this game and you are stuck in a zone that doesn't belong anymore to you because you are too high level, and you can scale down but you only find out after a while and even that is just a bit of trickery.

Then the most fun thing you can do at that point, Instant Adventure, is unavailable to you because it will level you like mad and create even more problems.

So you are stuck without anything fun to do and so you just start running around opening rifts, which is fun but you're doing it alone because there is nothing out there. And then you have to do stupid stuff Like touch some altar, then touch some mob, wait for it to mutate, and then kill it, and then repeat that 8 times.

Then finally there is some mob that is hard to kill (some Bug Monarch) but you've already had it by then and just feel like giving up.

And everything is so tiny to see on this monitor, it is a 19" monitor but it is apparently too small, I don't know. I have perfectly good eyesight but it is hard to read the names of players because they appear in the lower right corner, etc. etc. The graphics style is very detailed but it's too small to discern the detail.

Meanwhile other games like WoW or Guild Wars 2 were basically no problem. On this monitor.

Sorry for this rant but I feel nothing much is going to get better unless I say it to someone.

And yesterday in the chat as we were talking about the shortcomings of the game there was some idiot who didn't want us to talk about it. He had been in the game for a week and was complaining about the "community". And he was trying to get everyone to shut up as we were talking about it and laughing about it as a group. But that was on public chat, /4.

And there are some very helpful people but if you can't talk about the game and how hard of a time you are having, you also do not get support and then you suffer alone and die.

So he tried to get everyone to shut up as to his eye they were "whining". And his beloved game that he had been playing for a week, nothing negative had to be said about it.

So **** that, but it means I am losing my ability to play this game.

I was just saying how annoying it was that I couldn't keep up with the rifts constantly being reopened, but apparently you are not allowed to say such things.

For example the first small rift in the north east of the zone is always open, and you have to learn to avoid it because there is no point to doing it still.

This guy said he loved the game but he hated the community.

He hadn't been playing for more than a week and he hated the community.

So he told people to shut up on public chat because he hated the community and he also got some support from others.

I call them whiners but they think they are saving the world from devastation by people who are complaining about the game in order to play it in a better way and to get help with the hard times they are having.

But that is not allowed, asking for help and complaining about it in order to make it better for yourself.

So there is nothing left for me to do but just delete and try again in another year or so.

I mean unless something changes I can't keep this up. Sorry.

I do not write very well but that's a bit what it is. The one thing that is fun and that is always available, is never available. Cause you can't use it, or it will ruin your ****ing game.

It is even worse than in WoW because you WoW you can at least relax everywhere and worry too much about what zones you are missing, because there is nothing to learn anyway in the game.

Rift has a lot more to learn and you can't do it if you skip the quests, and you can't do the quests if you are already too high level. I mean it is pointless to keep mentoring down when you are already 20+ or something. It just doesn't feel right and it never works very well.

And those Rifts you do, or those "Instant Adventure" dungeons you do are not even long or special. It is just a desert with some mobs, boom they are dead you have gained 3 levels. Not much to do, doesn't even take long.

And you can't do them again because you're now too high level and the game is ruined for you.

What the hell did I know what mentoring was. It's not like the game explains its features in advance or anything.

This was my second attempt at playing the game, the first time was years ago in 2012 or something I don't know, maybe 2014 or 2013, and back then I didn't even get past the starting zone (the lead in thing) or much beyond in any case, this time I got a lot farther but some evil prick in the support channel wants to ruin it for you and feel good about it.

I met some great people pretty fast but this just does it. I can't play a game that is so hard without support and if the game itself goes and ruins it for you by destroying its leveling mechanics, then there's not much more to do for me.

But to give up and retry in a year time.

Sorry, I guess I'll have to go see you people. Goodbye.

And how can they be so moronic as to make an instant gratification leveling mechanic that levels you about 20% of your level per freaking mob you kill, is beyond me.

How on earth can people have fun this way? It is beyond me that you can think like this. How can they be so stupid?

WoW does it to and it is equally as bad there but this is even worse. The most fun aspect of the game is unavailable, always, because it levels you!!!!

It is the complete OPPOSITE of what you should do!!!!

The hard work rewards you with levels, the fun stuff rewards you with fun!!!

But they do it in reverse: the easy stuff rewards you with levels, and the hard stuff rewards you with pain.

The end result is that no one wants to do the ****ing hard stuff, and the fun stuff is boring in the end because of this. It is a complete game ruiner and they are very good at it, ruining their own game. Really.

And then those incessant rewards. Daily log in rewards. ****. But at least I can avoid that.

Yes and I am a fool for trying Instant Adventure. But you have to try it before you know it right? Well, maybe not.

Even the name is a contradiction in terms. Instant "adventure" that takes 3 seconds to complete. Not knowing where the **** you are, it is just a fight, that's all.

So yes, I'm stupid for even trying it. I should know that it is a scam.

Fun is a resource that is very quickly depleted by such things.

Anyway I'm signing out because this can go on forever.

Goodbye people. It was fun, for one day.

ääääääääh what ?
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Soulwalker

What... Just.... What?

Already deleting.-i-dont-always-rant-but-when-i-do-turns-into-text-wall.jpg

Mkay, I kinda agree IA destroy the level experience tho.
    Last edited by Seshatar; 02-27-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Champion

...but wouldn't someone be able to just not IA?

Fia

Quote Originally Posted by xen111 View Post
    So I was just trying to get the hang of the first zone.

Apparently the quests are needed to learn how everything works, but that's not the issue.

At a certain point you get Instant Adventure and I was deeply suspicious from the get go, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Before I know it I'm three levels up. This doesn't work.

Because I'm three levels up, and I've already been playing for a while without interuption -- where can you find a space to just relax and look at your stats and your skills and your talents? -- I now suddenly had 8 points to spend and this is too fast for me, I might as well delete and start over.

Because I'm running behind in quests and I'm already a higher level and I don't yet know what Mentoring is or how it works or whether I should use it, I have now several things to catch up with. Not only do I need to catch up with quests, but also with talent points and the study of it, but also I'm now too high level to still play this zone, and I have no where else to go.

Real fun.

****ing stupid Instant Adventure just ruins everything for me.

And it's already too late now because the game is hard for newcomers anyway, the graphics are hard to see, everything is tiny and you can't really see it well, everwhere is noise and you can't relax anywhere, so you have to keep up the fun to keep the desire to play the game alive, or else the "non-fun" elements will take over and you're getting depleted faster than you can regenerate, in that sense, because even running around is arduous and annoying.

I usually just can't discern any monsters from one another, especially in the Rifts they are almost impossible to see and I just tab until I have something targetted, and then I wonder where my spell is going to go.

I mean I absolutely love the idea of ritfs and they have it executed pretty well. But for a newcomer and for me, you're quickly depleted of fun in playing this game and you are stuck in a zone that doesn't belong anymore to you because you are too high level, and you can scale down but you only find out after a while and even that is just a bit of trickery.

Then the most fun thing you can do at that point, Instant Adventure, is unavailable to you because it will level you like mad and create even more problems.

So you are stuck without anything fun to do and so you just start running around opening rifts, which is fun but you're doing it alone because there is nothing out there. And then you have to do stupid stuff Like touch some altar, then touch some mob, wait for it to mutate, and then kill it, and then repeat that 8 times.

Then finally there is some mob that is hard to kill (some Bug Monarch) but you've already had it by then and just feel like giving up.

And everything is so tiny to see on this monitor, it is a 19" monitor but it is apparently too small, I don't know. I have perfectly good eyesight but it is hard to read the names of players because they appear in the lower right corner, etc. etc. The graphics style is very detailed but it's too small to discern the detail.

Meanwhile other games like WoW or Guild Wars 2 were basically no problem. On this monitor.

Sorry for this rant but I feel nothing much is going to get better unless I say it to someone.

And yesterday in the chat as we were talking about the shortcomings of the game there was some idiot who didn't want us to talk about it. He had been in the game for a week and was complaining about the "community". And he was trying to get everyone to shut up as we were talking about it and laughing about it as a group. But that was on public chat, /4.

And there are some very helpful people but if you can't talk about the game and how hard of a time you are having, you also do not get support and then you suffer alone and die.

So he tried to get everyone to shut up as to his eye they were "whining". And his beloved game that he had been playing for a week, nothing negative had to be said about it.

So **** that, but it means I am losing my ability to play this game.

I was just saying how annoying it was that I couldn't keep up with the rifts constantly being reopened, but apparently you are not allowed to say such things.

For example the first small rift in the north east of the zone is always open, and you have to learn to avoid it because there is no point to doing it still.

This guy said he loved the game but he hated the community.

He hadn't been playing for more than a week and he hated the community.

So he told people to shut up on public chat because he hated the community and he also got some support from others.

I call them whiners but they think they are saving the world from devastation by people who are complaining about the game in order to play it in a better way and to get help with the hard times they are having.

But that is not allowed, asking for help and complaining about it in order to make it better for yourself.

So there is nothing left for me to do but just delete and try again in another year or so.

I mean unless something changes I can't keep this up. Sorry.

I do not write very well but that's a bit what it is. The one thing that is fun and that is always available, is never available. Cause you can't use it, or it will ruin your ****ing game.

It is even worse than in WoW because you WoW you can at least relax everywhere and worry too much about what zones you are missing, because there is nothing to learn anyway in the game.

Rift has a lot more to learn and you can't do it if you skip the quests, and you can't do the quests if you are already too high level. I mean it is pointless to keep mentoring down when you are already 20+ or something. It just doesn't feel right and it never works very well.

And those Rifts you do, or those "Instant Adventure" dungeons you do are not even long or special. It is just a desert with some mobs, boom they are dead you have gained 3 levels. Not much to do, doesn't even take long.

And you can't do them again because you're now too high level and the game is ruined for you.

What the hell did I know what mentoring was. It's not like the game explains its features in advance or anything.

This was my second attempt at playing the game, the first time was years ago in 2012 or something I don't know, maybe 2014 or 2013, and back then I didn't even get past the starting zone (the lead in thing) or much beyond in any case, this time I got a lot farther but some evil prick in the support channel wants to ruin it for you and feel good about it.

I met some great people pretty fast but this just does it. I can't play a game that is so hard without support and if the game itself goes and ruins it for you by destroying its leveling mechanics, then there's not much more to do for me.

But to give up and retry in a year time.

Sorry, I guess I'll have to go see you people. Goodbye.

And how can they be so moronic as to make an instant gratification leveling mechanic that levels you about 20% of your level per freaking mob you kill, is beyond me.

How on earth can people have fun this way? It is beyond me that you can think like this. How can they be so stupid?

WoW does it to and it is equally as bad there but this is even worse. The most fun aspect of the game is unavailable, always, because it levels you!!!!

It is the complete OPPOSITE of what you should do!!!!

The hard work rewards you with levels, the fun stuff rewards you with fun!!!

But they do it in reverse: the easy stuff rewards you with levels, and the hard stuff rewards you with pain.

The end result is that no one wants to do the ****ing hard stuff, and the fun stuff is boring in the end because of this. It is a complete game ruiner and they are very good at it, ruining their own game. Really.

And then those incessant rewards. Daily log in rewards. ****. But at least I can avoid that.

Yes and I am a fool for trying Instant Adventure. But you have to try it before you know it right? Well, maybe not.

Even the name is a contradiction in terms. Instant "adventure" that takes 3 seconds to complete. Not knowing where the **** you are, it is just a fight, that's all.

So yes, I'm stupid for even trying it. I should know that it is a scam.

Fun is a resource that is very quickly depleted by such things.

Goodbye people. It was fun, for one day.
    Wait, before you go, I have a suggestion. Try leveling without doing IAs and see how that works out. Imo it should work out just fine. (:
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

Now with new Prime Content! -> http://youtube.com/astheatv

Rift Master

That was...... very strange.

If the OP is still there, you can relax and go at your own speed in Rift without problems! Just ignore the IAs until you are ready for them. You can easily level through quests and many of the early ones are very fun and engaging. Regarding the rifts that "constantly pop open" you are under no obligations to dash to every rift and close it. Do rifts if the mood strikes you, you can easily avoid them the rest of the time.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by xen111 View Post
    It already did.

I'm going to try to address what I think your main points are.

1. Graphics--Rift is a more recent game and has a lot more detail than WoW. You mentioned twice that things look tiny. It's possible your computer is running Rift at a higher resolution than WoW. Use escape > settings > video and try setting the resolution lower and see if that helps. There are also other things you can do to make the picture clearer like turning off shadows in the advanced video section.

2. Instant Adventures--These are really intended for people who have already played through the game at least once and prefer a faster track and not to repeat the quests over. If this is your first character then yes as you have discovered you are better off staying in the zones and doing the quests. There are a lot of tutorial quests that cover things like the soul tree and points, crafting, player housing, etc. It does sound like you skipped ahead of those by using IAs.

Rather than delete your main character I would suggest making a second character and play through the first zone after the tutorial (either Silverwood or Freemarch depending on whether you are Guardian or Defiant) to make sure you get all the tutorial quests. Then you can go back and resume playing your main character. If you look on the world map you will see the level ranges for each zone. You can go to whichever is appropriate for you. There is no need to go back and finish the quests you have outleveled.

3. Place to relax--You can relax in any city and there is a city in both Silverwood and Freemarch. Your soul recall ability can instantaneously transport you there. Also Rift has something that neither WoW nor GW2 has which is player housing. If you do the quests in the first zone you will get a free house (called a dimension). Once you have that you can instantly teleport to your dimension from anywhere in the world and when you leave you will be put back in the same place you were when you went in. While in your dimension you can afk safely or sit and chat with other players without fear of being killed by mobs.

As far as the person who you felt was being rude, it's unfortunate but on the internet there are some people who talk and act without regard to others feelings and MMOs are no exception. If someone is consistently replying to you in a way that upsets you, click on their name and put them on ignore. In a perfect world we would all treat each other as we would want to be treated, however, lacking that the ignore feature works remarkably well.

I don't think I gained a level ever in IA. Quests, carnage, rifts and crafting will take you there fast enough. And besides everyone I send out into OW gathers. It does no good to get ahead of my skills.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread